2005 Toyota Corolla T3 Hatchback 1.4 D4D turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Very economical car in a smart package

A bulb on the central console, which lights up the air conditioning button, and the dial for directing the air flow does not light up consistently. Not a critical issue, as there's a bulb lighting the other half of the console.

General Comments:

Purchased for its economy, which did not disappoint, 50+ MPG possible with city/country driving.

Very pleasantly surprised by its comfort, equipment level, and its smart design.

Review Date: 14th September, 2010

2005 Toyota Corolla LE 1.8L from North America

Summary:

Reliable

Nothing. This car has converted me to Asian cars. My previous crap Chevy always needed something. Only needed the following service items.

- Tires @ 40k

- Battery at 49k

- Oil changes every 3-4k

- Front brakes - 49k

General Comments:

Boring, but very cheap and easy to maintain.

Review Date: 22nd September, 2009

21st Jul 2010, 06:35

Now at 61,000 miles and still no repairs needed, just oil changes.

12th Jun 2013, 05:42

At 103,000 miles now, with zero issues still.

5th Mar 2015, 23:17

Mine is now 410.000 Km, no problems, brake pads and discs, one clutch.

The best car.

6th Mar 2015, 16:20

I have had better luck with my new Chevrolets than our Camry.

9th Mar 2015, 20:41

We've had better luck with our Toyotas than Chevrolets.

10th Mar 2015, 16:44

Toyota doesn't make new Corvettes.

2005 Toyota Corolla XRS 1.8L 2ZZ-GE 6-speed from North America

Summary:

Powerful, economical, reliable, and comfortable!

Other than oil changes, tires, one set of brake rotors and pads, and other upkeep, I only had to do the thermostat at 83,000 miles.

General Comments:

The Corolla XRS is Toyotas entry into the sport compact league. It's a very fun car to drive, it doesn't force you into your seat with acceleration, but there's another set of valves that open up at 6,200 RPM's that feel like a small turbo charger, which is a pleasant surprise.

The ride and handling is wonderful, a wonderful blend. To those of you who have driven VWs and Audis, you will find the ride and handling similar.

You can easily have 4 people in the car in relative comfort. The trunk is of average size, if not a little larger, for a car in its class. I find the seats to be very comfortable. I'm 5'8", 170 lbs., and male. I can sit in this car for 3+ hours with no complaints on a road trip.

Review Date: 8th September, 2009

6th Jun 2013, 16:15

I am now at 189.9K on this car, and it's a true pleasure to own. Since my last post, I have done less than $1000 worth of work to the car (front struts, a starter, and secondary air valve in the emissions system). It's still very reliable, and will continue to own it until it gets too expensive with repairs. I highly recommend this car, as well as the Lexus GS 400, which I also own (another Toyota product).

I change the oil with synthetic every 5k miles, and keep up with other routine maintenance. A very easy car to own!

2005 Toyota Corolla T Spirit 1.6 vvti from UK and Ireland

Summary:

As they say, the car in front is a Toyota

Nothing at all; just had a major service and just needed 2 tyres and front pads; great news.

The only thing that doesn't work is the boot light for some reason. Tried a bulb, but not that.

General Comments:

Excellent car, very well specified with electric roof and climate control, electric windows all round, plus loads of other things; just fantastic.

It will always give me around 40 - 42 mpg, so quite cheap to run, and I'm no slow driver by any means.

If you want a solid reliable car, you can't go wrong with one of these. Totally top marks to Toyota.

Review Date: 19th July, 2009

2005 Toyota Corolla GL 1.5 petrol from Trinidad and Tobago

Summary:

Low cost of ownership and pleasing to drive

None.

General Comments:

The more I drive this car, the more I am in love with it.

I use only synthetic oil in this car, and it performs extremely well with potent acceleration and a smooth pull throughout the range.

The engine is extremely smooth and quiet, and after 3 years there has been no detectable increase in vibration. Sometimes I still have to check the tachometer to see if the engine is running.

It is also extremely good on fuel economy and suitable for anyone on a budget.

The only thing a person may complain about this car is that it is probably too high and the cornering could be improved. However this would come as a compromise to the ride quality.

Steering in car parks and tight spaces is a breeze with the electric steering.

Thus far I have had no problems with this car, and it does not seem to be deteriorating in any aspect.

Quality, reliability and fun to drive in a low cost package.

Review Date: 7th June, 2009