25th Oct 2013, 14:49

Did you ever fix the problem, as I have the same problem?

7th Nov 2013, 03:05

Can anyone help me? My 1.9 Signum is losing power every now and again, but no lights come on. When it stops, I wait for a few seconds and it starts again. I think it might be the fuel filter, but not sure. Can anyone help?

1st Apr 2014, 08:17

I have a Signum 2.2 petrol - I think it's a 55/56 plate (can't tell you as I haven't had it long and it's with Vauxhall at the minute).

This was the best car I have owned until the warning light came on (car with spanner through it). I will be driving and suddenly it slows down, no matter how much power I'm trying to give - and then it suddenly cuts out. I have 2 daughters and I also drive my very small nieces around. Driving this car has now become very scary for me.

I like to go out places - but now I only dare drive to and from school.

Vauxhall, first of all are conning you know what's, and have called me saying they can't find a problem - so I'm paying over £100 just for them to look at it and say "we don't know"... I thought these were professionals???

Anyways - can anyone at all help me out?

As I said, I'm driving and then the car slows, cuts out completely and refuses to budge for ten minutes, and then will repeat.

Please help - I don't have a lot of money and Vauxhall have treated me like crap, and I don't know what's happening to it.

Email is emma_brynt@yahoo.com

Help.

14th Apr 2014, 05:31

Hi,

My neighbour had the exact same problem with her 2.2i Signum. It would cut out and not start again for 10 - 15 minutes. Turns out the oil was so low the car was cutting out to protect the engine. I hope Vauxhall have checked this for you, but I would defo check your oil level.

Regards.

19th Apr 2014, 12:03

Hi, I have a Vauxhall Signum 2.0T 2004, which has done 86k, and recently had a problem while driving. The car started to judder like it was struggling for fuel, and also cut out when stopping. It loses all power while it is doing this too. Not sure what the problem is, but the engine warning light has just came on too. Would appreciate any help and advice.

Many thanks, Lee

16th Jun 2014, 14:37

I had the same problem. Mine was the vacuum pump on the brakes, because I noticed when this happened, that the brakes got very hard.

4th Oct 2014, 20:13

Could be the fuel pump.

13th Oct 2014, 16:25

Hi Emma, sorry for the delay, however I have only just seen your post today. You have a known Vauxhall problem & it is either the fuel pressure regulator or the petrol pump. I had several of each replaced due to this fault, & the problem is now sorted. You should go to Vauxhall direct & ask for a subsidy as this is a known issue. Good luck!