- One door catch had to be replaced.
- One power window mechanism had to be replaced.
- There was a recall for a malfunction in the brake switch (paid by the manufacturer).
- The starter had to be replaced and the VW OEM battery I bought at the dealer, had to be replaced as well because, it wouldn't start below -15C (5F) (it was determined that the trouble wasn't related to glow plug)
- All brakes and rotors were replaced.
- Front & rear shock absorber had to be replaced.
- The front right coil spring was broken so I replaced it too.
-Rear axle beam bushing and lower control arm bushing needed replacement.
- Rear calipers needed to be replaced because the parking brake mechanism wasn't working correctly.
- I had to replace the front calipers too, because the front rotors were always warping. I replaced those rotors twice and still, I always got vibrations in the brake pedals after 2-3 month of using those rotors.
- Both thermostatic fans will need replacement soon.
- The car is really comfortable, and I love how the Europeans are designing cars to have such a good handling.
- I also love the fact that I almost always get an average of 50 mpg per tank with the little diesel engine.
- However, sometime the noise and chatter from this engine can be annoying.
Also, you have to get used to small (or bigger) troubles with these Volkswagen, cause you can get tons of them.