2000 Volkswagen Polo e 1.0 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

High quality for a peanut price

The car pulls to the right very badly.

Passenger seat release to rear keeps falling off.

Exposed wiring underneath glove box keeps showing despite trying many types of adhesive.

General Comments:

This car has one of the nicest 1.0 units I have ever come across. I am a car trader and I intended to sell it on however it runs so well that I have kept it.

The rear space is excellent and the stereo is pretty good.

Tyre wear is excessive for such a small car with fornt tyres being changed after 5000 miles.

It is a classy looking car for the money and it looks solid in comparison to a fiesta or 206. If only small pieces of trim would stay in place. I would suggest buying this car for town driving, but for motorways, go for the 1.4.

Review Date: 25th June, 2003

2000 Volkswagen Polo 1.6 from Bahamas

Summary:

A bad investment

Motor for window. Dealership never has any parts and when you pay in advance for parts the dealership takes more than 8 months to get the part into the Bahamas. No one else in the Bahamas carry this particular car, nor would any of the other dealerships trade this car.

Review Date: 19th June, 2003

2000 Volkswagen Polo Classic 1.8 from Brazil

Summary:

Excellent car for its price...fast and reliable!

Nothing big. Just the accelerator cable broke at 9,000 km.

And the exhaust was making some noise (I re-attached it to its place)

General Comments:

I like the car. It's fast and reliable, but of course that comes in a high fuel consumption 13L/100 km.

Review Date: 19th April, 2003

22nd Oct 2003, 14:55

Over all, I would not grumble about my car's performance. I would only like to make a comment on my electric winder. since 2000, I have changed this winder for 5 times and it has gone off again for the 6th time!! the fault is a plastic part costing only a couple of pounds, but the factory here in malta does not bring over this part, so I have to buy the winder every time. I don't think its fair on the customer.

Also I would like to comment on Malta's customer care especially the after sales service... I would close the after sales department and reconstruct it again... especially with a new manager.

27th Jul 2004, 09:39

I cannot see how a Brazilian Polo's owner can be happy with the Polo, specially mentioning the accelerator cable broke with 9.000 km and the other problems. This car has several problems at the suspension and the dealer supposes to repair using a plastic tube around the coil! The problem with the exhausting system is very much known and the dealer will change it free in case you complain, otherwise no re-call! It seems to me another case of somebody trying to convince himself and other that his money was well used. this is not fair.

2000 Volkswagen Polo Firstline 1.0 from Finland

Summary:

A reliable basic car

There is something wrong with the oil pressure light/sound. I believe it is a some kind of a sensor fault.

Happened to me a couple of times that when driving, suddenly the alarm light and sound come on and scare me off.

General Comments:

In the winter, the doors were frozen so that I had to crawl from the trunk to the cockpit. I still think that this is a good winter car.

1,0 liter motor is a little bit too small. The driver can see it especially when driving from ramps with short lane for acceleration and trying join with the other traffic on the highway.

When you want to disable the passenger seat's airbag, you have to take the car to VW service. I think this is something a driver should be able to himself.

The front light bulbs are quite hard to change by yourself and it is not even recommended by the owner's manual. Again something a driver should be able to do himself rather than taking this car to VW service.

Review Date: 12th April, 2003