2000 Volkswagen Polo S (75 BHP) 1.4 from UK and Ireland
What's happened to VWs quality reputation?
Radio cut out intermittently shortly after purchase, and was eventually replaced.
Passenger side electric window motor failed at 11,000 miles, and was replaced.
Passenger side trim came loose.
Cigarette lighter failed at 13,000 miles - contacts were replaced.
At 15,000 miles the car refused to start - diagnosed as an ignition switch problem - contacts were replaced.
Airbag light on continuously - needed replacement part.
The quality of this Polo has been very disappointing compared to previous Volkswagens I have owned.
Some of the problems have been described to me as 'known faults' by the dealer. Why are owners not informed of potential problems?
My local dealer was disenfranchised by Volkswagen, leaving me 15 miles away from the next nearest dealer. I received no notification in advance that this was about to happen.
I am happy with the performance, economy and comfort.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 17th July, 2001
16th Aug 2001, 05:18
We have had similar faults on our N reg VW Polo:
1. The radio was replaced and now the new one has similar problems... volume blasts & I can't adjust it.
2. Airbag O-ring needed replacing on steering the column.
3. Window handle mechanism on the driver's side failed.
4. Recently the windscreen wipers functioning may not start - intermittently!!!
5. Recent squeaky rear brakes.