I received a repair estimate for $12,300.16, yes twelve thousand three hundred on 02-26-2009.
1) 5300.00 torque converter replacement (1422.20 parts) rest is labor @ 20 hours.
2) 2700.00 timing belt "package" (927.66 parts) rest labor @ 10 hours.
3) 1182.82 catalyst converter (1182.82), "free" labor if I replaced the torque converter for 5300.00.
4) 989.00 front rotors, 458.45 parts rest is labor @ 3 hours.
5) 530.00 outer CV boot torn, 81.16 parts rest is labor @ 3 hours.
6) Recommended "major service" whatever that means, they didn't even say what this was. 995.00.
7) Brake fluid flush 175.00.
8) Fuel induction service 245.00.
9) Coolant system flush 245.00.
This car is a dream to drive and a nightmare to maintain. This model year has a specific problem with the ZF transmission and premature seal failure. See the technical service bulletin 2010879/11 (32 MIL on, performance unaffected (DTC 17125/P0741) ). Never buy one of these cars used unless you have a 3 year end to end warranty. This problem is present from Audi 1999-2003 years, so if you buy buy after these years.
After all this they had the nerve to attach to my diagnostic bill ($125.00 for 17 minutes on the Audi diagnostic computer) for leasing a new AUDI YEAH RIGHT!!! Never ever going to get an Audi again, never.
I have taken excellent care of this car since day 1, only the best oil, authentic parts, never ragged on it, it's just poor Audi service and poor Audi design.