2001 Buick LeSabre Reviews - Page 10 of 11

2001 Buick LeSabre from North America

Year of manufacture2000

Summary:

Disappointing mechanically, but smooth riding

Very disappointed. Persistent problems and big buck annoying repairs all unusual according to dealer (but seem to be too common from what I now see on the web from other owners). My problems: right front wheel bearing went out at 42,000; passenger window mechanical problem at 45,000; left front wheel bearing at 52,000; cruise control switch went at 40,000. Can't wait to see what happens next.

General Comments:

On the other hand, comfort is great, but doesn't offset mechanical problem expense and inconvenience.

Review Date: 2nd December, 2005

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 2.8 I think from North America

Engine and transmission 2.8 I think Automatic
Previous carBuick LeSabre

Summary:

Good Car - Lousy Windows

I too have had now three power windows go. I am appraoching$1,000.00 on expenses. Has anyone ever approached GM about this? Is there ant recourse?

Review Date: 9th November, 2005

25th Nov 2005, 19:30

I have also had to replace the power rotor on my 2002 Buick La-Sabre to the tune of 476.00. I had an extended warranty, but it would not cover it. Also had one replaced while under the original warranty. I think GM should have had a recall on these rotors or else fixed them free of charge. I will not buy another GM product as a result of these expenses.

4th Aug 2007, 14:20

I too have a 2000 LeSabre with bad windows. All 4 window regulators went bad within 2 years. I got no help from Buick who said they didn't show many complaints about them. Liars. Everywhere I turn, GM regulators fail. I found them on Ebay for between $50-$130. I replaced front two, c-clamped the back two up and unplugged. Not happy. I have a '92 Ford van with 252,000 miles both windows still work strong. Obviously a design flaw with GM. Can't even buy manual windows much anymore.

2001 Buick LeSabre from North America

Previous carBuick LeSabre

Door regulator malfunctioned for no apparent reason. I've replaced one back and now must replace another. I've found this to be a very common problem.

General Comments:

Talked to several sales to order another door regulator-several sales people said there should be a recall on these regulators (each regulator is $300. plus tax.

Review Date: 21st July, 2005

22nd Jul 2005, 07:24

So after three years of ownership, all you can talk about is replacement of a "door regulator" whatever that is?

No soup for you!

24th Jul 2005, 21:10

If one does not know what a window regulator is, one should not belittle another person's problem with one. I have a 2000 Buick LeSabre with 60,000 miles on it and so far I have replaced all four window regulators. At over $400 each, I don't consider it a minor inconvenience.

In 55 years of driving, I have owned all GM cars with the exception of a '95 Honda. I doubt if I will ever buy another GM vehicle of any kind.

2001 Buick LeSabre Standard 3.1 V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.1 V6 Automatic
Previous carToyota Avalon

Summary:

A big piece of crap

Headlights have burned out several times.

Interior plastics crack very easily.

It doesn't start up very well in cold weather.

One day, when I was at a red light the car just stalled. This could have been very dangerous.

General Comments:

The car is fairly comfortable, although it is very unreliable. I bought this car new and I am very disappointed.

Review Date: 18th July, 2005

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 3.8L from North America

Engine and transmission 3.8L Automatic
Previous carBuick LeSabre

Summary:

Buick needs to act promptly to correct their quality issues

Have had intake plenum gasket and studs replaced under warranty.

All four window regulators have failed!

The cabin air filter shown on the window sticker did not exist on the vehicle.

General Comments:

The window regulators and the intake plenum leaking on this vehicle are common with other owners. GM should step up and recall these vehicles to affect a proper repair to insure customer satisfaction.

GM Customer Assistance is not helpful. They would not have the dealer install the missing cabin air filter mentioned earlier that the vehicle was supposed to be equipped with.

Review Date: 15th July, 2005

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom from North America

Distance when acquired32000 miles
Most recent distance102000 miles
Previous carChevrolet Camaro

Summary:

No longer the quality vehicle that Buick is known for

All four windows have went out on this car. Ironically, the first two windows to go out were the rear windows which I never used. The window motor has a plastic gear that will not hold under pressure. Replacing the motor is only a temporary fix as the new motor has the same plastic gear.

This car leaks with the slightest rain and the carpets become soaked. No one has been able to find the source of the leak. I have to shampoo the carpets regularly to avoid a mildew smell.

The check engine light is always lit due to an emissions leak. No service repair shop can locate the source of the emissions leak.

I have had to replace the coil pack several times on this vehicle.

General Comments:

The only positive thing I can say about the car is the smooth ride. I bought this Buick because of the reputation for quality that Buick has, but I will never buy another Buick. Buick is aware of the faulty window motors on this model Le Sabre, but refuses to recall.

Review Date: 9th April, 2005

14th Apr 2005, 16:36

Next time, buy a Toyota or Lexus. You'll be glad you did.