1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.7 V8 from North America

Summary:

A beautiful performer

The only problem I have had is the leaking of the T-Tops.

General Comments:

I have wanted a Camaro since I was little, and now I can say I am finally happy. Even the cramped back seat and poor fuel economy do not bother me.

Review Date: 29th September, 2001

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 LT1 5.7 V8 from North America

Summary:

Stomps stangz!!!

Check engine light came on, but it's just an oxygen fuel sensor, the car pulls slightly.

General Comments:

The car is fast as hell. Will eat up Mustangs all day.

Review Date: 5th June, 2001

24th Jul 2001, 23:04

Your comments reflect how all Mustang owners feel, but I know for a fact that Chevy engines gain more horsepower from the same type of modification when done to a ford engine. You Mustang guys just have to accept that the Mustang is a car for women to drive, who don't care about power, and want it for looks, yet we still find men (or boys mostly) driving these heaps.

25th Jul 2001, 10:08

I have also heard this story from Mustang owners before- because I was one. But there is just no comparing the possibilities, capabilities, and overall superiority of product. The Z28 is a completely different breed of car. And I did get plenty of compliments from women with the old 5.0, because they loved to drive it, but the true gearheads never treated it like they do the Z28.

26th Jul 2005, 20:04

The dreaded last year of the great LT1 in the Z28's, and while it's not as fast as the LS1's, it's still stronger from 1st to 2nd, and also sounds meaner. I'm not taking sides, because I love all GM products, but when riding thru town the LT1 feels stronger with it's extremely loud tone. I think that both are great, it just depends on what you prefer. I will take the sound of the LT1 over the speed of the LS1, because I don't plan on driving over 110 mph. I love the LT1's, because they are so "old school" without being to "old school". I just wanna point out the main difference to me, which is the sound over the speed. The LT1's are classic rumbler's, and even the LS1 guys know this to be a fact.

12th Jan 2006, 12:24

I agree the LT-1 is the best over all, I have a 97 Z. I haven't had to do much to it very minor modifications. Cold air induction, 3"cat back exhaust (really brings out the the sound of the nads the engine really has) and added the the power chip and changed the shift speeds in the computer. I have reached speeds of 175. Better to own a Chevy than a Ford.

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 5.7L V-8 from North America

Summary:

Neck-snapping performance

So far the only thing wrong with the car seems to be that the power windows seem to "stick" and squeak when being closed.

General Comments:

This is the most powerful Camaro I have owned. I have had a 1979 Z-28 and a 1988 IROC-Z, and none of them could touch the level of performance that the '97 offers. This is definitely one of my favorite cars, although I do miss the all weather performance and nimble feel of my Talon. Overall an excellent buy if you are looking for something with a lot of get up and go!

Review Date: 27th March, 2001

11th Mar 2003, 17:15

My last car was also a eagle talon, it was nice, but my 30th anniversary z28 is very fast. I love it.

24th Jun 2005, 00:19

I own a 1996 Camaro RS. I also had a problem with the power windows getting "stuck". It seems you would starting putting them up and it would just stop then you would have to wait for a couple of minutes to start again. Mine finally gave out, stopped working; and those power windows are a project to fix, especially on camaro's, corvette's, most sport cars. I suggest you keep your window up before it goes out on you until you can find someone to fix you window.