1997 Chevrolet Camaro SS 30th anniversary 5.7L V8 from North America

Summary:

Impractical but fun

Air pump injector had to be replaced because of a recall.

Mass air flow sensor needed to be replaced.

General Comments:

Great car! I have the 30th anniversary edition with the Hugger Orange stripes. It's very fast, & looks & drives great. It can get away from you if you're not careful.

It is a little impractical, and it guzzles premium fuel, but other than that, I have no complaints.

Review Date: 4th January, 2001

1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.7 liter V8 from North America

Bought the car new and from the second day I began having problems. Interior trim pieces kept breaking or falling off, driver's seat back broke after 3 months, driver's power window motor broke, constant shimmy in the front wheels even after repeated alignments, and 2 replacement tires, windshield leaked during heavy rains, and God only knows how many problems I had with the engine. For some reason after the first month it would die for no reason, the radiator blew, and after the third oil change it developed a small leak. I may be an American, but this car was CRAP. Granted I could take it to the dealer (two occasions TOWED) and it would be fixed, but still...the car was NEW. There is NO excuse for buying a car for that much money and having it fall apart that quickly. So much for buying American. Never again. After ownership for 8 months I sold it for a 1990 Acura Legend that has been a dream come true sans a few minor problems that have been fixed. I will admit, the Z28 had a S@#$load of get up and go...when it could, but most of the time a Yugo would beat it.

General Comments:

Maybe mine was a lemon (ironic that the second American car I have purchased out of 2 was less reliable than the junk I had first).

Review Date: 21st March, 1999

29th Apr 2001, 04:27

Wow... I know Chevy makes their cars as cheap as they can, but I guess on yours they pulled out all the stops. It almost sound like the one you had was cursed or something.. All of the Chevys I have had were cheap, granted, but not THAT cheap! I think you just got a bad one. A professionally made car isn't commonly that bad.