2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z-24 2.4 from North America

Summary:

Great reliable car

Emissions sensor broke after having the car for 1 year, it cost me $100 to fix. Other than that I haven't had to put any money into it.

General Comments:

Cheap on gas, good in snow, cheap insurance, good overall car for the money I spent on it.

Review Date: 22nd March, 2005

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2.4 4 cylinder Twin Cam from North America

Summary:

Fast, sleek, smooth, sick

Had to get a new transmission because the guy that owned it before burnt out the syncs in the transmission so the gears would grind when I shifted into them, but if you know how to drive stick then everything on the car is wicked.

General Comments:

Wicked! wicked! wicked! highly underestimated!

Review Date: 16th March, 2005

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier from North America

Summary:

Avoid the Cavalier

Needed new fuel pump at 70,000 miles (car is only 5 years old).

General Comments:

The 2000 Chevy Cavalier has a major issue with the fuel pump. This car has a defective fuel pump. Mine went at 75,000 miles, while the car is only 5 years old. Chevrolet never recalled the car for this, even though it is a common, major problem with this vehicle.

This is a very expensive repair. It cost me 675 dollars!

Review Date: 8th March, 2005

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Base 2 liter 4 cylinder. from North America

"clumping" noise in the steering, possibly also the suspension. Has not posed any problems.

Occasionally hesitates to start or starts and then stalls. A few times It has stalled at very low speeds while turning the wheel hard (backing out of parking spaces, for example). In either case, it started right back up with no further problems.

Brakes wore out. They were replaced, now it stops too quickly, thrashing occupants around a bit. I hear the ABS kicking in, but the brakes still lock up.

General Comments:

The acceleration isn't great. I have to push it a bit to keep up with the flow of freeway traffic, and the RPM seems to run slightly high. The engine is also very "buzzy". I had a '94 Z24 before it with much more power. Then again, it was a v6. This is a small 4 cylinder.

This car is victimized on bad roads. Dirt roads or roads with potholes or bad cracks toss it like a volleyball, making it hard to control. This is probably due to it's small size.

Better than expected in winter. It is very good in snow, especially for such a small car with low ground clearance.

VERY cheap to maintain. It is a simple design, nothing high-tech that breaks a lot. Manual door locks and manual windows=less problems. It's easier on my wallet than a European car would have been.

It was a 2 year old car with 35,000 miles priced under $7000. I've gotten a lot of good miles since and it's great in the winter. It's been a good purchase. For the money, It's been doing it's job well.

Review Date: 16th February, 2005

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2.4 Twin Cam from North America

Summary:

A fast and reliable car

Sunroof leaked, but it was an easy fix. The seal just was worn out. Other than that none.

General Comments:

It is a really fast car. It smoked many import cars such as the Eclipse and the Tiburon.

The car handles great and takes corners like nothing.

I would sugest this car to anyone. I really think it is a fast reliable car.

Review Date: 12th February, 2005

5th Nov 2008, 19:59

I agree. I also own a 2000 Cavalier z24. It is a fun, fast, and an overall reliable car to own. It is also very upgradeable. I recommend it to anyone.

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 door sedan 2.0 from North America

Summary:

I love my gold cavalier!!!

Nothing has ever went bad with my car.

I have traveled through mountains and up pikes peak!!

I have pictures to prove it and my car has been the best car I have ever had.

General Comments:

My car has regular oil changes every 3000 miles.

My car drove up mountains with no problem!!

I have taken it in for every recall that the manufacturer has sent me.

It starts every time and never has given me problems.

I bought my car in September and I got ripped compared to new car buyers that buy in the year they are for.

Example: purchased 1999 September for year 2000 car. I had a friend that bought one six months later and saved thousands!!!

Review Date: 26th August, 2004

26th Aug 2004, 18:18

Well with in that six months many many many incentives can be offered. You said you bought it in 1999 as a 2000 model year. So this is the new year cars, which means the incentives will not be that high. Six months later, when they are trying to get rid of them for the 2001's, they offer HUGE incentives to get people to buy them off the lot. Make sense?

31st Aug 2007, 15:07

I bought a previously owned 2000 Cavalier in early 2001. It has been a phenominal car, and I have driven it for 6 years now!