2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 3.9 from North America

I wish I had kept the Grand Marquis

In December of 2009 the heater started to act up by not giving good heat, or running hot and then cold.

Driver's side door has started to rattle.

General Comments:

I really don't know why a heater can't operate, as car heaters have been made for years and years.

The car rides rough and has a lot of wind noise.

Gas mileage is no better than the Grand Marquis I traded in.

Review Date: 22nd December, 2009

24th Dec 2009, 01:38

I am sorry to hear that. I have owned 2 Grand Marquis' and 1 Lincoln Town Car (same thing basically) and I never want to drive anything else. Maybe it's not too late to get it back?

18th Jun 2012, 01:24

Don't worry, there are about a billion used Grand Marquis', Crown Vics, and Town Cars out there. Maybe you should switch back, I've found that sticking with what worked before is the best policy. And since the big Fomocos don't have any resale value, they're dirt cheap!! Good luck.

4th Feb 2013, 20:39

I use a 2006 Impala for work. I drove a GR MAR for a while; never got more the 23 MPG. This Impala - 3500 engine, is giving me 31 MPG highway. Also this is my second Impala; my 2001 Impala gave me 33 MPG with the 3800 engine.

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 3.9 V6 VVT from North America

The car rides pleasantly and has PLENTY of power, comfortable seats!

The only problems I have had with the car was the ignition hanging up with the key in the "accessories" position, therefore, all interior lights remained on after engine was off. Had to un-hook the battery every night to keep the battery from going dead and hook it back up in the morning! Dealer fixed the problem and have had no further problems!

General Comments:

I am a 21 year old college student and have had the car since I was 18... I have 76,700 miles on it now and still enjoy it!

Smooth, comfortable ride that impresses everyone that rides in it... smooth, but still involving and not boring.

The 3.9 V6 has a rough "groan" or growl that I truly enjoy! I have never heard a V6 Toyota or Honda that sounds this stirring under acceleration!

Not very good on gas, except if you're on the highway for a long time.

Overall, I would definitely purchase this car again, but I'm gonna wait for the next re-design of the Impala before I get a new one...

I have one MAJOR complaint and that is the wind noise on the highway! I like an extremely quiet ride and cannot stand the wind noise, but have gotten used to it... Chevy got the smooth part of the equation, just not the quiet...

Review Date: 31st October, 2009

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 3.5 from North America

The worst car I've ever had

Most problems started when I hit 80000 miles.

First, it started with my transmission. It appears that my transmission when they took it out was full of metal pieces as small as rice.

Second, the battery would drain.

Third, when you're driving it jerks when you come to stop or slow down. It takes a couple of seconds, then the car will jerk forward and almost hit whatever is in front of it.

Fourth, a ground wire started to burn.

Steering is horrible and gets stuck.

Now I have to see what's wrong with it; it won't start.

Ugh, I don't recommend this car to anybody!!

Review Date: 7th September, 2009

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT from North America

Where is my bail out?

This car, 37,000 miles after the warranty was up, the power steering blew. I see that it is a recall now.

My passenger side seat makes a creaking sound.

My drivers visor has now cracked and broke off.

I also have to put anti freeze in it about every two weeks.

It makes this awful thumping noise when driving.

Oh yeah, and my husband closed the trunk, and now it is dented exactly where his hands were.

General Comments:

This car is like generic, but too bad, the price was not. My smart buy will be up in January, and I'm sure I will be going upside down.

Review Date: 30th August, 2009