2000 Chevrolet Silverado Reviews - Page 15 of 15

2000 Chevrolet Silverado LS 5.3 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2001
Previous carChevrolet K1500

Summary:

4 wheel drive disposable flashlight

In general, I think the 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 is a good all around truck. However, I would discourage anyone from buying this truck, at least with the sportside body. The reason being is that above the tailpipe on the right quarter panel, there mysteriously appeared a 14" vertical split in the plastic with absolutely no sign of any impact. The warranty would not cover this and I am absolutely appalled to find out that it would cost over $1,000 for a replacement of the quarter panel and and about $400 to repair it with no guarantee that the mend would last.

I am extremely irate having financed a truck that cost over $25,000 only to discover that the quarter panels have the integrity of a disposable flashlight. In the past I have had good luck with Chevy trucks but as a result of this experience, I would recommend another manufacturer.

Review Date: 17th March, 2001

24th Oct 2001, 21:25

I also have a 2000 Silverado LS Sportside with just over 60k miles now. I have not had a single problem, let alone the unlucky problem you mentioned. Did somebody hit you? Maybe while parked?

6th Oct 2002, 00:47

I recently purchased a 2000 Silverado with 22000 miles on it and I think I know why the original owner traded it. It is absolutely the most underpowered, gas guzzling sorry excuse for a truck I have ever owned. The 98 Silverado I traded had the 5.7, plenty of power and 18 mpg, I was really happy with it, I wish I still had it. If there is something wrong with the 5.3 I have now, someone besides a dealer will have to find it. Because if a check engine light doesn't come on they don, t know how to open the hood. I miss my 5.7.

18th Dec 2002, 09:04

I recently purchased a 2000 LS with 65000 miles on it. At 20 miles an hour I can kick it down and turn over the Trail Buster radials on dry pavement. Has way more power than my 1992 had with a 350 4bbl in it (both automatics). As for the gas mileage- not great. About 13 to 15 MPG. 50% of my driving is on the Interstate.

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD Short Bed Ext. Cab 4.3 V6 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2000
Engine and transmission 4.3 V6 Automatic
Previous carDodge Dakota

Summary:

A powerful beast that begs to be unleashed

None. Yet???

General Comments:

It's the best truck I've ever driven and I have driven all sorts of trucks. I drive a Ford F-250 at work and it's a piece of crap. I also drive a Ford Ranger and it's the worst truck in the world.

The Dakota I had was pretty smooth but not like my Silverado. There is a slight rumble of the engine when it shifts to high and the RPM is low. But I like that noise. It also gets great fuel mileage for a truck.

The power it has is unbelievable especially for a V6. I've pulled all kind's of stuff that the F-250 at work can't even move. I love my Silverado.

Review Date: 1st December, 2000

11th Aug 2003, 19:46

I have a 2002 Silverado 2500HD that cannot go of the road unless you know how to work the air-conditioner. You cannot use the outside air switch. You must use the inside air switch. Reason-the Hepafilters clog up and close of the entire system. Cost- about $85.00 each time if clogs up. It usually clogs every 4-5 months on my 1.7 mile dirt driveway to my home.

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LT 4x4 6.0 from North America