2000 Chevrolet Silverado LS 4.8 from North America

This truck is the best!

* Fuel pump went bad twice, 55k miles and 110k miles (low gas all the time, always fill at 1/4 tank!)

* Driver side bearing went bad at 90k miles.

* AC tensioner bad, 110k miles.

* One cat went bad at 100k miles (replaced both).

* Shocks bad at 85k miles.

* Water pump bad at 75k miles.

* Windshield washer fluid reservoir bad at 85k miles.

* Brakes at 100k miles.

* One recall.

General Comments:

The Silverado can take abuse. Whatever you throw at it, it can take. If you don't abuse it, it will last forever. The engine and transmission love the abuse though. Like a rock!

Review Date: 6th August, 2010

2000 Chevrolet Silverado SL 5.3 from North America

One word, Dependable

Fuel filter and the ignition coils have been replaced.

The drivers seat is loose and the passenger speakers don't work. I have also had the pulsating brakes on rough road situations, and she needs a front end alignment. Was in one rough accident in which the alignment was messed up and has not yet been fixed.

The rotors have been turned 20,000 miles back.

Other than routine maintenance, nothing else. I'm not looking to sell the truck, just seeing other people's comments.

General Comments:

I love my Chevy. I'll never switch from Chevy! I'm on my 3rd full size model! I've had things break like alternators, fuel pumps, normal stuff that wears out. MY 1990 did blow a rear, but she was old, close to 300K.

Review Date: 17th July, 2010

18th Jul 2010, 12:56

My dad's 2000 Silverado has 240,000 miles. It gets used very hard on the ranch, and has a dent on every corner of the truck.

It's been extremely reliable, just a fuel pump, wheel bearing, and maybe an alternator.

The maintenance has been very poor; he changes oil every 10,000 miles (not synthetic), and I think the tranny fluid has only been changed once. And he broke the tail gate off (not the truck's fault).

He has an 07 that's been waiting to replace this, it only has 15,000 miles on it, but this one refuses to die.

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3 from North America

Overall the truck has been awsome

I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado. My dad bought the truck when it was new. He died and I've got it now.

The only problem we have had so far is the fuel pump went out around 110,000, but now when I first start it in the morning and try and take off, it cuts out and doesn't want to go till it's fully warmed up.

Also the service 4wheel drive light comes on, and when it comes on the 4wheel drive doesn't work, but I can stop, and shut it off and turn it back on, and it goes right into 4wheel drive.

Review Date: 7th May, 2010

16th Mar 2012, 01:49

I had my fuel pump changed on my 1994 Chevy 1500, and it had the same problem after I changed the fuel pump; it would hesitate until it warmed up. The problem was the truck was low on coolant. The truck ran fine after I put the proper amount of coolant in.

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 6.0 from North America

General Comments:

This truck is so awesome. It has about 262,000 miles on it and still runs great. So great that we bought another one.

It has always knocked, and that has never affected the performance. In fact it has had very low oil pressure for the last two years and is still running. We don't change the oil often or have done much for basic maintenance. So the fact that it's still running is like I said, awesome. I bet that I could get so many more miles out of it if we did more for it.

Review Date: 21st November, 2009

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3 liter from North America

Reliable and comfortable

Transmission replaced at 105,000.

Water pump replaced at 120,000.

General Comments:

I love the power this truck has, but the transmission has been an issue since I bought it.

Now at 133,000 miles the transmission is shifting at random times, and yes we are talking about the transmission with only 30,000 miles on it. It makes a horrible clanging when I drive very sluggishly (0-3mph), and as soon as I give it gas it goes away. It knocks loudly when I put it in gear.

I take good care of the truck, and the aesthetics of it are still great. The interior is in good shape, the A/C blows frosty air, and power windows/locks/mirrors still function well.

Review Date: 8th August, 2009

8th Aug 2009, 21:35

If your truck has such a bad transmission, why are you still so happy with it? The transmission's a pretty crucial thing to be failing you the last time I checked.