2000 Chevrolet Silverado LS 4.8 from North America
This truck is the best!
* Fuel pump went bad twice, 55k miles and 110k miles (low gas all the time, always fill at 1/4 tank!)
* Driver side bearing went bad at 90k miles.
* AC tensioner bad, 110k miles.
* One cat went bad at 100k miles (replaced both).
* Shocks bad at 85k miles.
* Water pump bad at 75k miles.
* Windshield washer fluid reservoir bad at 85k miles.
* Brakes at 100k miles.
* One recall.
The Silverado can take abuse. Whatever you throw at it, it can take. If you don't abuse it, it will last forever. The engine and transmission love the abuse though. Like a rock!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 6th August, 2010