2000 Chevrolet Silverado V6 from North America

Like a rock it is NOT; more like a pebble.

Like a rock it is NOT. The spare tire fell out on the freeway. It just dropped out from under the truck. The Speedometer and instrument cluster stopped functioning at 60,000 miles. The tailgate fell off. This truck is a piece of Crap. Chevy should be ashamed for putting it on the road.

Review Date: 19th March, 2008

20th Mar 2008, 01:19

You may have had some issues, but somehow, you still have kept your truck for 8 years and 200 000 miles (over 300 000 km!). If you haven't had any other major problems, then is that really that bad?

20th Mar 2008, 08:45

You complain about getting 200,000 miles out of the truck?

I would agree with disappointment of having problems with the instrument panel at 60,000 miles.

At what point did the other problems occur? Did you check with the dealer for service bulletins and recalls? There was an issue with the tailgates that they would fix.

Never heard of the spare tire issue though. Did someone not tighten it after changing or tire rotation? Dealership or a mechanic should have noticed it during regular maintenance check.

2000 Chevrolet Silverado Z-71 LS Ext Cab 4.8L from North America

Line blew off power steering on my 2nd day of ownership and destroyed the whole front end.

Coil pack went out at 25000 miles.

Water pump at 145000.

Rear end bearings at 130000.

Power mirrors stopped working round 30000.

Transmission went out around 170000.

General Comments:

Although it had some problems, my Z-71 was the best truck I have ever owned. It has been for the most part reliable, and never left anywhere. I thoroughly have enjoyed the excellent towing and driveability of this vehicle.

Review Date: 6th December, 2007

2000 Chevrolet Silverado from North America

Nice ride, but the quality is extremely poor

Bearings falling out of the rocker arms. These were discovered while having a regular oil change done. 14 were found in the oil.

General Comments:

A service representative at a local Chevrolet dealership was contacted by phone concerning this problem, and he responded with the following comment "If you have good oil pressure and the engine is not knocking, just keep driving it."

This truck has never towed anything, never been driven hard and has never had more than a few hundred pounds hauled in the bed.

General Motors response is to not fix the problem. I will buy only foreign made vehicles from now on and will encourage everyone I know to do the same. When our American manufacturers close the doors because of poor quality, and their don't give a damn attitude toward the people who purchase the overpriced, poorly constructed cars and trucks, it will not be a bad thing.

Review Date: 24th October, 2007

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3 from North America

Comfortable ride with high fuel cost and too many recalls

This is my first American made vehicle. I have had three recalls so far. I never had any recalls with any of my previous Toyota's that I owned. This must be a common problem with American vehicles.

I had a recall on my anti lock brake sensors, then I had a recall on my tail gate cables, and then it was recalled for a headlight issue.

Also the center console broke very easily and the lights on my radio are half blown out.

It is very hard to start at times.

I never had these problems with my Toyota's. Other than these issues, so far it seems to be OK.

General Comments:

I love the performance of the V-8.. I was used to driving 4 and 6 with Toyota's. It is a very comfortable ride, but very bad on gas compared to a Toyota. At $2.70 a gallon and with a 34 gallon tank, it takes about $92.00 to fill this beast up. The sound system is great!

Review Date: 13th October, 2007

2000 Chevrolet Silverado LS 4.8Litre from North America

CHEVY is a REAL truck

In this trucks lifetime it has had these problem:

-The starter went for the first time at 194000km,

-3rd door is sticky,

-At 210000km the fuel sending unit went,

-A couple of U-joints through time, but understandable for the work it does,

General Comments:

This truck has had an extremely hard life and has had several broken parts such as axles and drive lines, but this truck is from Nothern Ontario and gets beaten everyday. It is on and off road, but mostly offroad in the bush and mud. This truck has spent at least half of its life in the bush and I would NEVER regret buying a CHEVY. I am a mechanic and work on all kinds of trucks and CHEVY has the least problems that I have seen.

Review Date: 14th November, 2006

22nd Nov 2006, 20:22

2000 Silverado 1500. Over 100.000 miles. Same comments...

Gas gauge flips out on occasion, replaced one u-joint.Otherwise, a perfect truck. Looking forward to next 100,000 miles.