2000 Daewoo Matiz Reviews - Page 4 of 9

2000 Daewoo Matiz SE + 0.8cc from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 0.8cc Manual
Most recent distance42000 miles
Previous carToyota Corolla

Summary:

Nippy, but unreliable

To start with I have had 3 valves replaced to find out that it was not that they should have replaced, but a wire connecting the valve to the engine management computer under warranty.

Then I have had to have a full new gear box due to it not working right from when I bought it also done under warranty.

My temp gage on the dashboard ceased to work so I had to have another one fitted.

My back box on the exhaust had to be replaced also.

Recently though I have come out of warranty by one month, and so far I have had a new clutch and it is going back in for some more work due to lack of power through my recently replaced plugs.

General Comments:

If the car had been more reliable and not in the garage as much, I would have thought more about getting a newer version possibly or another deawoo model.

Review Date: 19th July, 2004

13th Apr 2005, 05:24

Yes, it is quite amazing how faults seem to be discovered just when the warranty has run out! By the way, don't take out the extended warranty - it would appear that it doesn't really cover anything and it's expensive.

8th Sep 2011, 02:16

I have a 2000 Matiz. I was messing with the clips on the sensor on the throttle body, because oil was on it. The car was on when I removed it. It started to miss badly. As you know, there are two of them on the TB. It's the second one to the bottom. Is your check light on?

2000 Daewoo Matiz TOP 0.8 from Poland

Previous carFord Fiesta

Summary:

Woman's Car!

I don't have any problems with this car!

It's strange!!!

General Comments:

This Car is for Woman, I think! My wife is really happy when she drive it! I feel stupid in MATIZ!

Review Date: 3rd February, 2004

9th Feb 2004, 12:34

You must be the one all those jokes are about...

13th Apr 2008, 21:30

As a man, I too would feel embarrassed in this car.

9th Aug 2009, 07:41

For all those who feel they are so embarrassed, they can go & buy a more costly car than the Daewoo Matiz, but let me tell you that this car will never ever let you down on freeways, motorways, within city, hills.

I personally own this vehicle. I'm the first hand owner, it's been 9 years I've owned this vehicle, but this vehicle never let me down anywhere.

No car can compete this car in its own & other segments as well.

2000 Daewoo Matiz S 796 c.c from Colombia

Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 796 c.c Manual
Previous carDaewoo Racer

Summary:

A big little car, excellent investment

Nothing in particular, only the refrigeration system had a leak after 56.000 km, but it wouldn't affected my car performance. The only thing that is embarrassing is that this car doesn't have good support for acquiring new models in my country, this is the reason for what I dude of having another model of this.

General Comments:

It is an excellent car, I will recommend for anyone, don't distrust in the car is good and very fast compared with other cars in the same category of sub 1Lt engines, is economical, have a good acceleration from 0 to 100kmt/h in 14 seconds. Is very economical in petrol, it consumes 1 gal per 60 kilometers.

Review Date: 25th October, 2003