2000 Daewoo Matiz SE 0.8 Gasoline from Taiwan
For it's price, it is a good car to own
Major Wrong History:
1. Rare right wheel come off the car at speed 5km/h, when I just get out from super high way and step the break before red light. The wheel fly away and almost hit scooter driver and stop on a coconut tree.
Reason: Bearing is burn out.
Suggestion: When you hear strange noise from wheels or anywhere of your car, drive your car to your service station immediately. Do not ingore it. Otherwise you might be killed. I ignored the noise from the bearing for several days.
2. Four doors continues rusting and rusting and cause holes on the doors. So shame, so ugly.
Reason: Unknown. Maybe the car doors are made from recycled steels of abandon ship in Korea.
Suggestion: No need to repare it. One door cost USD 200 and my car is almost 8 years old with 220000 kilometer.
Thanks god the water will not get into cabin when raining or car wash.
1. Fuel Cost is extreme low. 15~20km per liter, for the old car like mine.
2. Handling is very good. I usually drive it on the down hill and enjoy it's good handling.
3. Quite fast for it's engine size. 800cc can speed up to 160km/h with airconditioner on in the flat road.
4. Very stable on high speed.
5. Air conditioner is very effecient.
6. Classic shape and good looking.
7. Roomy for head and leg.
1. Low torque power. Especially for up hill or full loading.
2. Weak spare parts. Such bearing, steels, etc.
3. Cooling system weak. Some leaking water or high temp problems are occurd.
4. Bad driving position. Ergonomics of the seat and steering wheel are not good.
5. Shift is not smooth on 1st, 2nd, rare. Also the gear shifting range is too long.
Conclusion: For it's price, it is a good car to own. I still plan to use it for another 8 years for until 400000KM or more.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 14th November, 2007
22nd Jan 2006, 13:59
I'm not quite sure where the quote came from, but I bought a new battery for my Matiz 2 years ago for £33 two years ago, the first one lasted fours years and was beginning to give problems. I just went into the Local Car part dealer (in this case Moto-Serv and bought one.