2000 Daewoo Nubira SX 1.6 from F.Y.R.O. Macedonia

Summary:

The best car from Daewoo

The front suspension, brake callipers (normal thing for bumpy road conditions)

General Comments:

The car is great. for 13000 Euros it is the best car with the best quality I have ever seen. Durable, not so economic, but reliable, powerful engine (107 BHP), easy to maintain. Except for the Tico, the Nubira is the best car produced by Daewoo.

Review Date: 25th June, 2006

2000 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4CLN from North America

Summary:

JUNK

Car has had more issues then any car I have owned and I would never buy one again from them. the brakes are a big problem and I have had to change tires 3times all set this last time. the door won't open the handle is broke or it has come undone and I cannot get in it and have to get out on the passenger side. the seat has squeaked from the very first week. a lot of problems and so much money to fix the things that it is not even worth it.

General Comments:

The car is junk.

Review Date: 24th May, 2006

2000 Daewoo Nubira 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

The perfect car for a grandmother who doesn't drive much

Head Gasket blew last week, at 98,000 miles.

General Comments:

In my opinion, this has been a really good car. I believe I got my money's worth out of it. I would keep the car, except for the fact that I can't find a head gasket for it, and having one put on would be about what the car is now worth, especially after having a wreck in January. All in all, I am satisfied with my Daewoo, and now I get to get a new car.

Review Date: 23rd March, 2006

2000 Daewoo Nubira CDX Wagon 2.0 from North America

Summary:

Great bargain!

Ford dealer couldn't get radio to work. Just needed security code. Got code busting software on eBay for $3.

General Comments:

I just sold my 1999 Lanos for $700 to my sister. I got it at 40k miles and put another 41k on it w/o a single repair.

I bought this near showroom condition 2000 wagon for only $2500 from a dealer who just wanted to "get rid of it". I've only put 1,000 miles on it, but so far, I am ecstatic. It is a little loud and the gas mileage doesn't compare well to, say, a Honda or Toyota, but I'm getting 29mpg or so with almost all highway miles.

For $2500 though, a dependable (I hope) car with leather interior, cruise, CD etc. and only 34k miles on the odometer, it might be the best car deal of my life. I was approved for a $7,000 loan! Every other car with similar mileage was going to cost me about $7K.

The wife and kids, love it. The minivan sits idle for days. I'll try to report back in 20 or 30k miles and see how the car fares in the long run.

Review Date: 3rd January, 2006

21st Sep 2009, 14:21

So how do you like your Nubira now?

2nd Apr 2011, 20:19

Please, if you still have it, don't forget to change the timing belt, because if the belt breaks, it will be costly to repair. Do it before it reaches 60k.

2000 Daewoo Nubira SE 1.6 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Modern, reliable and comfortable!

Rear wheel bearing needed replacement.

Front wish-bones needed renewing.

General Comments:

Mine is in metallic silver and I feel the design is still relatively modern. Many people have complemented the appearance of the car, it has a distinctive bonnet and large headlights. The rear of the car also looks good. The chrome badging throughout gives a smart appearance overall.

The interior is solid and of good quality, it is quite a civilised place to be! The chrome detailing continues through to the interior with large curved chrome door handles. In terms of creature comforts, the car has every option that the modern motorist requires. Air conditioning with pollen filter, PAS, ABS with EBD, Dual airbags, dual cup-holders, Remote boot release, remote fuel release, velour upholstery, pioneer CD player, excellent 6-way speakers! It all feels well put together - after all - it was constructed in one of the most modern manufacturing plants at the time!

The car also benefits from remote central locking, alarm and immobiliser.

Fuel economy is good rather than outstanding, I tend to average 32 mpg in the city, 40-42 mpg on the motorway.

Reliability? Well I needed to have the wishbones and one rear bearing replaced, but this was not expensive. The daewoo/chevrolet dealers seem polite and efficient.

Sailed through its m.o.t.!

Comfortable to drive, even after 5 hour journeys!

Overall I am pleased with the car and will look to daewoo/chevrolet when it is due for replacement.

Review Date: 13th October, 2005