2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 3.2 from North America

Summary:

So so

* In & output speed sensors.

* Steering column, rack & pinion.

* 4 new brakes & rotors.

* Soon new head light covers.

General Comments:

I drive 600 miles a week for work and for the weight of the car, the engine really gives it a lot of pep.

I think my next call is going to be a Dodge Charger or Nitro.

My family have owned nothing but Dodges, and have had very good success with them... I am hoping to get 200+ out it, and at the rate I am going, I should.

Review Date: 9th March, 2008

2000 Dodge Intrepid from North America

Summary:

J-U-N-K

Engine timing Belts (x2) door locks buzz fixed (x2) still don't work.

"rack and pinion" replaced $2500.

Engine light came on today what next I wonder?

Spent $4000 in repair fees in last 2 1/2 years.

Stay away from dodge vehicles! Run don't walk!!!

General Comments:

You gotta be kidding me. I ll never buy another dodge or chrysler product as long as I live. I wouldn't take one if given to me either. You are actually better off making your payments and storing this thing until it is paid off. Then sell. you will save money by doing so. Trust me on this one. J-U-N-K. This vehicle is trash and chrysler is CRIMINAL for selling them. Id love to get you in court. Morons.

Review Date: 20th November, 2007

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 3.2 from North America

Summary:

Nice for tall people like myself, but a piece of CRAP

I have a sunroof that has leaked ever since the day I got it.

My brakes have been replaced, 1st the front and back. It shakes when I get it to a certain speed and then brake.

I know probably most of these are dealer related since he screwed me over with a piece of ****, but I will probably never get another Dodge because I haven't had a good experience with this one.

Review Date: 15th November, 2007

16th Nov 2007, 05:18

I had the same car for five years and except some small annoyances related to the quality of the roads, she performed like a champ. Maybe you know that knowledge is everything so I will help you with this one: in order to get rid off the shaking problem, replace the front rotors. An honest price would be around $70.00 each plus maximum 1 hour labor so it will be a pretty cheap one. Best luck with your mechanics...

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 3.2 from North America

Summary:

I know the cars have a bad rap, but I got a good one

Wheel bearings went out on this car about at 165,000 miles and coil burned out engine about 125,000 but original spark plugs was still in car, if I changed the spark plug like maintenance suggests probably wouldn't had that problem. Radiator replaced recently at 235,000 miles. Drive in NYC a lot so replace brakes two times a year and with the big pot-hole shocks once a year.

General Comments:

This Intrepid just keeps running for me. For a full size sedan it had pretty good. I have over 237,000 miles on this car and owned it for about 4 years and outside general oil changes and brakes. Never had anything major go wrong with the car. The worst thing to happen was the radiator went out on me, but that was after 235,000 miles. The engine just keeps on running for me through thick and thin.

Review Date: 11th November, 2007

12th Nov 2007, 18:45

What size engine?

21st Mar 2010, 10:49

I also have a 2000 Intrepid V6/3.2L. I love my car.

Besides changing oil every 3000 miles, I've only had the brakes done once and replaced struts because of personal preference of keeping the car in better shape.

Now starting to have some electrical issues with heater/AC controls not working, a blinker problem, but just cleaned contact and put bulb back in and has been working fine, had to replace my radio 2 yrs. ago. Seems like some things are burning out.

I am going to replace the ORIGINAL battery tomorrow. Wondering if that is causing some of my problems. Otherwise love this vehicle and the way it drives!

I am so glad that I didn't listen to my brother when he told me to buy the 2.7L. I only have 83,000 miles on it, but I hope I get a lot more out of it.