2000 Ford Focus Reviews - Page 41 of 45

2000 Ford Focus SE 2.0 from North America

Previous carChevrolet Cavalier

Summary:

Great value for under 17,000 with taxes and all

This car is in perfect shape except for the damn squealing brakes! The sound is almost ear piercing when you are braking. I have talked to many other Focus owners and it is said to be normal.

General Comments:

I keep it in showroom shape and is clean as a whistle. It doesn't have the Zetec engine but I still can make those tires squeal like a pig!

It handles great on turns, is unusually roomy and is such a pleasure to ride. I'd recommend it to anyone who is in the market. Give it a try. I even added a 3000 dollar stereo system to mine to make it sound great as well as look great!

Review Date: 15th May, 2001

2000 Ford Focus SE, Sony limited Edition 2.0 Zetec from North America

Engine and transmission 2.0 Zetec Manual
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Have you driven a Focus lately?

The brakes were squeaking a bit, but this was quickly fixed by the dealer.

General Comments:

The Sony edition is extremely nice and the stereo is worth every penny. Leather seating and steering wheel are very attractive.

I am pleased every time I drive my Focus. It handles tightly around corners and with the manual transmission it makes for a fun ride.

I have not had any rattles etc.. like many others say. Road noise is quiet.

Review Date: 15th May, 2001

2000 Ford Focus Zetec 1.8 16v from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.8 16v Manual
Previous carFord Escort

Summary:

Very good buy, if you don't mind rattles

None as yet, just a really annoying rattle and clonking from the rear.

General Comments:

I love the car, I love Ford, I think that this is far superior to the 2 Escorts I have owned, but I find it rattles far too much for a new car.

The performance is pleasing and the handling is amazing for a bigish car.

Brakes are very firm too.

Review Date: 3rd May, 2001

10th May 2001, 02:34

I too have had Escorts from H-N plate then changed, unfortunately, to the Vauxhall (drinks oil) Astra. Now have a 2.0i Focus and blimey it shifts. Good car, comfortable and easy to move into tight spots. Love it. Recommend the boost valve for that final touch. Excellent car and would have another.

10th May 2001, 09:20

I have 2.0 ghia,...can you tell me what the boost valve is please?

16th Dec 2004, 15:30

Can somebody give me any sites where I can purchase an boost valve for my Focus on-line?

Thanks

Adrian.

2000 Ford Focus Zetec 2.0 petrol from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 2.0 petrol Manual
Previous carVolkswagen Golf

Summary:

The Focus is OK, but needs better attention to detail, better engines and much better dealers

The ventilation system doesn't work properly and damp gets in.

The factory fitted alarm started going off in the middle of the night for no reason. You can't turn it off. As a lease car I contacted a number of dealers, all offered a very poor response on the verge of rude.

After long high speed journeys, when you come to a stop the engine sometimes sticks at high revs.

The CD player won't work on cold mornings.

General Comments:

On the plus side the car handles well, you can throw it at corners and it'll spring round without much difficulty.

A very exciting and responsive drive.

It's very good on the motorway, low 'cabin' noise and good performance.

The 3 door looks good with the large alloys and good lines, but it's a bit gutless.

I have been very disappointed with the 2 litre engine. It's just too slow from 0-60. I drove the audio A3 1.8 as a comparison which was much quicker.

Fords attention to detail also lets the car down. Cheap plastic add-ons and interiors, bog standard seats and a really annoying hole in the carpet so that the cars number can be seen.

Finally the attitude of the dealers. I've had this car for a year through work, as such I can use any Ford dealer. It's fair to say I've spoken to more than one dealership about a number of issues and each one has been unhelpful and rude. They really do sound annoyed when you ask for things to be done.

Luckily, I get to change back to VW next week but if I'd had bought one of these cars I would be very unhappy indeed.

Review Date: 25th April, 2001

25th Apr 2001, 08:38

I also have a Focus through work and would totally agree with the contributors comments on Ford dealers. It seems that anything is too much trouble for Ford Dealers and you are left with the impression that they are doing you a favour in talking to you!.

After owning a Honda it came as a culture shock when I had to start dealing with Ford Representatives. However this is only a personal view but it is spread over 5 separate Ford dealerships. It is a shame as the Focus is a very good car in its class but the after sales service leaves a bitter taste...