I bought this car for cheap from a friend because it didn't run. $2300 CAN. Keep in mind I work at a parts store and I get an awesome deal on parts, I do all the work myself and all these prices are in Canadian and before 14% Government/Provincial tax. The kid I bought it from only had it for about 20,000 km, just didn't maintain it.
So, when I bought it.
- Distributor was toast (300)
- 2 front tires were flat, and not holding air (2 day flats) (100 installed and balanced (used) )
- Out of 4 motor/tranny mounts, only 2 of them had all the bolts installed. (couple bucks for high grade metric bolts)
- Valve covers looked as though they had been leaking for a VERY long time. (110)
-Intake manifold needs to be removed to remove valve covers (intake gasket 5-30? can't remember)
- The nut underneath the oil cooler came loose and began spewing pressurized oil on the ground. (new seal and tighten nut, couple bucks)
- The alternator is almost completely toast due to the oil on it from the valve cover leak. (220)
- The battery is toast from not enough alternator output and numerous trickle drains. (100)
-check engine light was on once in a while before I parked the car (I imagine the code would be for the Oxygen sensor (s) (100 ea.)
- Power-steering belt and alternator belts need changing from oil leak. (15-20 ea.)
- Bellows boot kit for the steering rack and pinion looks like it melted. (no longer available through parts stores or dealership, wrecker only)
- there is a thump from the rear, sounds like rear struts or spring mount.
There's probably a few more things, but those are the majors.