2004 Honda Accord EX from North America

Summary:

Value, style, and class. All in one family sedan

Nothing major to date luckily. Occasionally the check engine light comes on, but if that happens, the dealer will turn it off free of charge. Nothing's ever wrong, it's just fussy.

The right rear window's motor is close to dying, it hardly closes now and moves slowly.

The liner in the very back right above the rear windshield was hanging down a couple months after buying it; took it to the dealer, and they fixed it.

General Comments:

I share this car with my dad at the moment, but it's been a pro. He works 40 miles away (80+ miles driven per day) and it doesn't think twice about starting. It'll go through snow, rain, heat, anything. It's been a pleasure to own it, even though I'm not really a fan of foreign cars. I must admit that it's still in like-new condition, and everything is of high quality.

The only thing is that the leather on the seats gets worn, but that's expected, it's leather. The seats are really comfortable. Driver, passenger, and rear.

This car has been on multiple road trips, and has done perfectly. The trunk is huge, it can hold two suitcases and other stuff easily.

Braking can be a challenge if you haven't driven it in a while, they're really touchy and strong. This, however, is empowering because you know if something that requires stopping occurs, you can do it.

Steering is great, you can turn at the last minute and still make it.

Overall it's great. I love Honda.

Review Date: 6th November, 2010

2004 Honda Accord LX 4 cylinder in line from North America

Summary:

It's a solid car, but less reliable than I had hoped for

The electrical system has had its problems. The auxiliary plug burnt out twice and also burned out a wire I had for a Garmin. I've been unable to use that plug for most of the life of the car. Honda could not fix it so I gave up.

The electrical wiper motor burned out in 2007 while I was driving on I-95. Last summer I had the starter motor replaced (the replacement also failed within 4 months, but that may or may not have been the fault of the installer).

Since my car has been garaged ever since I brought it home brand new, I rarely ever left it outside. A few weeks ago I left it out for a couple of days at a friend's house, and the battery was so weak it almost didn't start. The battery was replaced about two years ago.

I have faithfully serviced this car, and I've had no other problems.

General Comments:

In general I think the car handles extremely well. It has plenty of pick up for a four cylinder.

The seats and floor mats have worn well (cloth seats).

The sound system is OK, but a premium sound system would be better.

The A/C & heater has been even through out.

My six foot one son can sit comfortably in the rear.

There's plenty of trunk space and dash controls are easy to work with. Too bad I can't lock the center arm rest compartment.

This is really an economical version of the Accord, so don't expect much in the way of amenities.

I could buy another Honda, but I'll probably move on and buy another manufacturer's car, perhaps an Altima or the more luxurious Sonata.

Review Date: 4th February, 2010

2004 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 I-VTEC from Croatia

Summary:

Very good and reliable!

Nothing!

General Comments:

This Accord Sport (or Acura TSX in USA) is very good and reliable. In two years I have passed 100.000km, without any single problem or difficulty!

This car was never started twice, always at the first attempt, never any check indicators come on!

Fuel consumption is very good, I can say it's the best for that kind of a car. Always 8 liter/100km, sometime even less, about 7,2litres/100km.

This car runs 24/7. Maintenance is very cheap, 'cause I buy spare parts by myself and service this car for free at my friend's garage. Just change the oil, oil filter, air conditioning filter, and front and rear brake pads, that is all. I don't change the air filter 'cause I have Injen CAI.

At my last service, I put in DENSO IRIDIUM with Platinum spark plugs, so I expect to run till 250.000 km with these spark plugs. Nothing else!

It's very comfortable on a long run, I just put on my cruise control and monitor the road and that is all.

I have never had a single problem with this car, no rattles, no nothing, just start the engine and run as long as you like! After six or even ten hours of driving, with only stops to get the gas, I'm not tired.

I will always buy Honda.