2007 Honda Civic Bit 1.8 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Great performance, impressive performance, cheap servicing

Bought a low km example in great condition. Have had no major issues.

Front brake pads needed replacing along with rear shocks at 47,000kms.

General Comments:

Excellent fuel economy to power ratio. Quicker than my old 2 liter Golf, while using a lot less fuel @ 9L/100km in the city.

Very comfortable interior finish.

Handles well in the wet, and the ride is generally very comfortable.

Review Date: 6th April, 2013

2007 Honda Civic EX 1.8 from North America

Summary:

The car does everything it was built to do, and is entertaining to drive

No problems with the car so far.

General Comments:

This car is fun to drive, handles well, and is great on fuel.

The only problem is there is a bit of road noise.

Review Date: 19th September, 2012

20th Sep 2012, 18:43

A little road noise is worth putting up with when you have a reliable and well built car like a Civic, and even that can be somewhat cured by purchasing quieter tires when it comes time to replace them.

My wife's Lexus was noisy due to the Michelin's it came with; amazing what a change of tires can do.

2007 Honda Civic EXS 1.8 SOHC from Mexico

Summary:

I won't buy Honda again!

Both sun visors had to be replaced under warranty; a common problem on forums.

Back up light not working; bulb does not work anymore.

A/C compressor changed when the car was 4 years old.

This new compressor has just stopped working now, the coil is the problem. The car was not so heavily used due to work trips, and had an effective mileage after the change of only 5000 miles. Seems that besides taking a lot of horsepower of the engine, the A/C is badly designed, just do a Google search.

Tires and brake pads replaced before three years.

Have an easy foot and commute a lot, no stop and goes, mainly highway, and the car has 62,000 km.

General Comments:

I previously had a Sunfire, which I had to sell as soon as possible, because it disappeared and the market value went down incredibly low.

We had a Hyundai Accent 2005, and to this date, it works as if it was out of the dealership, not even a gas charge on the A/C. It was the car that made my decision to switch to Honda, but I will never get a Honda again. My mother used to have an Accord 2003 4 cylinder, and the O2 sensor faulted (Google, another common problem) and the light in the center console went out (there's a service bulletin about it). She changed to Toyota...

Should I remind those Si owners about the faulty manual transmission?

Honda seems to take out defective cars, and the expected fixes seem to be cheaper than fixing the actual root cause.

Bottom line : I WON'T BUY HONDA AGAIN!

And Honda watch out, the new Hyundais are way hotter than the new Civics. I'll get one as soon as I get the A/C fixed and sell this garbage piece of Shivic.

Review Date: 28th April, 2012

2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe 1.8 gasoline from North America

Summary:

After five years, still fun to drive and a great value

Absolutely nothing outside of normal wear and tear (tires, brakes, wipers, oil/filter).

General Comments:

I already reviewed this car once, when I'd had it a month. I'm now at five years and 110,000 miles with this car, so I thought this would be a more useful review for someone considering a used 2007 Civic.

I read over my first review, and I stand by everything I said. It will never win a drag race, but it has plenty of pep. The handling is still crisp and responsive. The engine runs smoothly; the transmission shifts cleanly. The interior shows little signs of wear. The exterior paint and trim still look great. All the little creature comfort things, like the power window, moonroof and mirror controls, work like they did the day I bought it.

I replaced the stock Bridgestone tires at 52,000 miles with Pirelli P4 Four Seasons, and they were an improvement in wet weather handling and tread life.

I didn't have to replace the front brakes until 89,000 miles; the rear brakes held out until 105,000. That's spectacular brake life in my book.

I run full synthetic oil in it, and change the oil when the maintenance minder shows the oil life is at 10 to 15 percent, usually after 7,000 to 7,500 miles. The last two times I drained the old oil, it still looked brand new. It's like the car is just running better the older it gets.

The car has not spent a single full day in a repair shop. It runs like a champ in any weather.

Unless you totally overpaid, this car is a great value.

Review Date: 3rd April, 2012