2007 Honda Civic Reviews - Page 2 of 11

2007 Honda Civic LX 1.8 from North America

First year of ownership2011
Previous carNissan X-Trail

Summary:

A reliable car that is pleasant to drive in the city and on the highway

Replaced after market brake pads at 77,000 km due to incessant squealing when applied. I recommend using only Honda OEM pads.

Seating is adequate, but can be uncomfortable on long drives.

Low stance makes getting in and out difficult for persons with physical limitations.

General Comments:

Combined city/hwy mileage in summer so far is 6.3 liters per 100 kilometers.

Review Date: 21st June, 2011

2007 Honda Civic LX 1.8 from North America

First year of ownership2010
Previous carLexus RX300

Summary:

Economical, almost fun to drive

Rear brake bulb.

General Comments:

Pretty pleased with my purchase. The car can handle a corner like no one's business, very nice steering. If I only had to race people in corners, I'd win every time. The problem is the car has no pick-up leaving the corner, which makes sense being a four cylinder.

The ride quality is pretty average, but I'm pleased with the automatic transmission. Hard to go from the smooth ride of a Lexus to the Honda, the seats just aren't that comfortable. But I bought it for economic reasons, and it doesn't disappoint in that department. 25 MPG in the city, almost 40 on the highway. Sure wish I'd got one with a sunroof and possibly a 5 speed.

Only mistake I made with this car is I bought a car that was responsible, and not one I loved at first sight, so the car bores me. But that's kinda of what a Civic is; just a great, reliable, economical car. Very easy to change the oil yourself.

My next car will be one I love; the Acura TL I passed up because of cost, now that car was fun to drive.

Review Date: 28th May, 2011

2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe 1.8 from North America

Most recent distance82000 miles
Previous carFord Ranger

Summary:

Most reliable car on the road!

I bought this car brand new, and have put 82,000 miles on it so far. I only had to replace two things; the brakes & rotors, and a set of tires.

General Comments:

This car has been very dependable, great on gas, 35-40 mpg all the time.

Very cheap to maintain. General maintenance is about it.

The car handles pretty well, and is fun to drive with the manual transmission.

Interior of the car is really nice for the price of the car.

Review Date: 14th January, 2011

2007 Honda Civic ES 1.8 iVTEC from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.8 iVTEC Manual
Previous carMitsubishi Galant

Summary:

Excellent hatchback

Only one thing ever gave me a problem with this car, and that was a faulty gearbox at 30000km. Dealer was less than willing to repair it, less than 6 months after paying €28000 for it. Honda Ireland eventually got involved, and was waiting 2 weeks for a new gearbox to arrive from the UK.

General Comments:

Excellent car, good power and acceleration, with handling not as good as the previous Civic.

Fuel economy was excellent, with sometimes reaching 960km on a tank at 100km/h. The sixth gear really makes a difference on long motorway journeys.

Electrics and kit is great; worked perfect.

Always carry a spare litre of oil, as it will need regular topping up. HONDA A1.

Review Date: 21st October, 2010

2007 Honda Civic EX 1.8 from North America

Previous carChrysler Pacifica

Summary:

Honda is over-rated!

Head gasket failed at 45,000.

Tires wear quickly.

General Comments:

Head gasket blew at 45,000. The car was under warranty, and Honda still refused to "participate" as they call it in expense to repair. Said there was a chance we could have overheated the car. The engine never got hot until after the head gasket blew.

Also very uncomfortable seats. The reason we purchased the car was because the wife wanted a gas mileage car for her and our 2 small kids to run to different activities. Honda has really let their quality slip the past few years. Tried to appeal their denial of warranty coverage, but no one will let you talk to district rep that denied, even though the rep never actually looked at car.

Also have 2 GM vehicles, and they have been very reliable.

Review Date: 18th July, 2010

26th Dec 2010, 15:15

A lot says about the way a car is driven. And I obviously don't know you well enough to critique your driving, but my wife and I have an '07 that still runs as smooth today as it did 3 years ago. And I still have yet to see a car out there that has as nice of a dash layout, and rare windshield wipers as that of the Civic, and if you think the Civic has lost any of its reliability, then explain to me why Civic just won its 11th straight "Best Selling Car" category.

22nd Feb 2011, 08:51

Wow, that's crazy, I have never heard of that problem. My entire family drives Hondas. Three out of four of us have Civics. I have an 07 EX Coupe, bought it new and had no problems up to 84,000 miles. Brakes had to be replaced at 80,000, but that's above average life for brakes. I have owned Fords, Chevys and Dodge, and I will never drive another one.

22nd Feb 2011, 15:41

People seem to fail to realize cars are mass produced, and therefore there will be lemons out there or faulty parts. This car probably had a bad head gasket or a weak one from day one. I haven't heard of too many Civics blowing head gaskets.

Also, the fact the dealer didn't honor the warranty on this suggests they thought abuse or neglect was involved. This would have been covered had they felt it was the fault of the car only. People seem think you can buy a Honda and drive it forever without doing things like changing fluids and such. Hondas take maintenance just like any other car. Did you flush your coolant regularly?