2007 Honda Civic LS 1.8 from Israel

Summary:

The most uncomfortable car I have ever owned

Absolutely nothing, no rattles, squeaks, everything works exactly as it did when the car was first delivered nearly 3 years ago.

General Comments:

Although this must be the most reliable car that I have ever owned, it is also the most uncomfortable as well! Any medium or long journey is painful, my passengers also complain about the hard unforgiving seats, especially in the back.

The car is too low and difficult to get into, especially if parked by the kerb.

The boot is far too small, and cannot accommodate two medium size hardshell suitcases.

I solved the tyre noise problem which so many people have commented on - I changed to GoodYear EfficientGrip, and now the car is more economical as well.

I have owned this car from new and disliked when I first drove it on a long journey after it was delivered. I thought that I would get used to it eventually, but unfortunately this has not happened, and now I can't wait to get rid of it!

Maybe this is a young person's car, with its good acceleration and sporty looks. This is not a car you should buy if you consider comfort a priority.

Review Date: 13th July, 2010

13th Jul 2010, 22:39

This question has to be asked:

"Why buy a car that you were not 100% happy with after test driving it?"

15th Jul 2010, 02:11

You're right of course concerning your comment on the test drive. A "test drive" in Israel usually means a 10 - 15 minute short run. I have learned my lesson. Next time I will hire or borrow the model that I wish to purchase, and try it out for at least a day, including a fairly long journey.

2007 Honda Civic EX from North America

Summary:

I will never buy another Honda again

Alternator needed to be replaced at 70,000.

Sun visors routinely split in half and need to be replaced.

Daytime Running Lights/High Beams stopped working at 80,000.

Car's performance is severely hindered when A/C is on.

General Comments:

Car gets awesome gas mileage.

However, despite Honda's reputation, this car is falling apart.

Honda admits to faulty parts/known problems but will not help in any capacity.

Review Date: 23rd June, 2010

26th Dec 2010, 15:26

I find it odd that your visors would just split in half for no reason. We have an 07 as well, and our visors have never been replaced.

I will say we have had to replace our right headlight though, but that is only because I use either the Nighthawk headlamps or the Silver stars, and refuse to go back to the factory ones. A headlight problem would not cause me to diss a Civic though.

27th Dec 2010, 19:39

You say this car is falling apart, and then list a few minor issues as problems you've had. How does a bad alternator and a faulty headlight mean your car is falling apart? Try GM cars, and then you'll see what it means for a car to fall apart. I've had a few, and they literally fell apart.

3rd Mar 2012, 18:15

The driver side visor split in two about 40K. Dealer replaced that at no charge.

4th Jul 2012, 21:09

I own a '07 Civic as well, and the visors do split. Dealer said this was a common problem, and changed mine under warranty.

6th Jul 2012, 16:26

Our Honda also fell apart very quickly. It was using oil at 50,000 miles, and the CV joints were hammering then as well. The car never made 100,000 miles.

On the other hand, our 10-year-old GM has well over 100,000 miles and has never had a single repair, not even a brake job. I never even bother to check the oil between the 10,000 mile change intervals, because it never uses a drop. No more Hondas (or any Japanese cars) for us ever again.

2007 Honda Civic DX-G 1.5L from North America

Summary:

Just PLAIN perfect!

Steering rack (recall) at 40000K.

Power steering pulley (recall) at 45000K.

General Comments:

Mechanically perfect vehicle.

Has stood up very well to pretty hard usage (4 kids under 14).

Tried 2 domestic compacts before the Civic, and the Civic was in a different galaxy as far as fit & finish, engine response and handling.

Interior is pretty plain, and it feels like I'm sitting on a bus seat.

Not a great amount of fun or excitement, but the car does its job very well; "competent"

Review Date: 10th April, 2010