2007 Honda Civic Reviews - Page 4 of 11

2007 Honda Civic EX stock engine from North America

Year of manufacture2007
Engine and transmission stock engine Automatic
Previous carDodge Dakota

Summary:

It's a Honda!

Last year the radio stopepd playing CD's. This is the stock premium radio found in the EX model. Will play a CD for about 10-15 minutes when you first start out, then it stops. Thankfully the radio and aux. input jack still work. Sad thing is that I never used the CD that much. I normally have my iPod hooked up to it.

Put new tires on last year at around 65,000 miles. After a while of driving on them, it seemed like there was a lot of road noise from the tires. Never gave it much thought. Other people that rode in the car would comment about it being so loud (Guess I got use to it). I always told them it was the new tires, and that I hated them because of the noise. A friend had a different car that had bad bearings on the front wheels. The sound was very similar. Made me start thinking about my Civic with only around 75,000. How could an 07 with that many miles have bad bearings???

Well it did!!! To my surprise though it was not the front, but the rear. Found out about a recall for the rear bearings going bad due to an improperly installed ABS sensor. Checked the vin #, and nope mine is NOT covered by the recall. My ABS sensors seemed to be installed correctly when I checked. Whatever the reason, my driver's side rear bearing was bad. I changed out both rear hubs at the same time, figuring if one went, the other will soon.

General Comments:

You hear good things about Honda all the time, but I really am not impressed. I do not think there is any reason for the rear bearings to go out at such low mileage. Most of my driving is by myself. It's not like I had 400lbs. in the back seat for every mile.

Other than the CD player not working and the rear bearings going out, the car is OK.

Review Date: 27th January, 2010

2007 Honda Civic LX 1.7 gas from North America

Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission 1.7 gas Manual
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Peace of mind motoring

Never had any issue with this vehicle. It has not been back to the dealer once. Just change the oil and go.

General Comments:

Comfortable and economical.

Review Date: 23rd January, 2010

2007 Honda Civic LX 1.8 Liter from North America

Engine and transmission 1.8 Liter Manual
Previous carFord Mustang

Summary:

Great little car

After driving 36K miles in 2.5 years, nothing went wrong with the car. All I did is the recommended dealer scheduled service.

General Comments:

The car is very economical to run.

The interior is roomy and comfortable, materials are top notch for an entry level car. The trunk is surprisingly roomy as well.

The ride is not as soft as in a Toyota Corolla, but the car is sportier and handles better.

The steering feel, response and sharpness are amazing. It is more precise than the regular Subaru Impreza.

However, the car is not much fun to drive as I expected, the soft electronic clutch, the drive by wire gas pedal, make it feel isolated, which is good for the general market. I expected the car to have a mechanical feel like my 04 Mustang GT, or my 97 Miata.

All in all it is a great reliable car to get from point A to Point B with more excitement than a Toyota, great gas mileage too.

Review Date: 25th November, 2009

2007 Honda Civic LX 1.8L Inline 4 from North America

Engine and transmission 1.8L Inline 4 Automatic
Previous carFord Windstar

Summary:

An excellent vehicle. 100% satisfied

Nothing has gone wrong with this car at all.

It was in a front end collision at about 22,000 miles with the driver of an SUV who was going about 20 MPH. The only damage was the front bumper and front fender. Not even the frame was bent. What can I say? It's a Honda. That says it all.

General Comments:

It's very cheap to maintain and it runs beautifully. It handles well and has plenty of power.

I traded in my minivan for it because it needed an $1800 repair (again) for the electrical system. Plus I was looking for a more fuel efficient vehicle anyways. And since I average about 45 mpg this fits the bill.

Its interior is quite roomy, although the backseat could be a little bit bigger though.

Review Date: 19th July, 2009

8th Aug 2009, 15:43

I am the original writer of this review with an update. Recently, my son borrowed my Civic for a business trip to New York City, New York, which is about a 250 mile drive from my house. He made it there on a single tank of gas and was very impressed with it. He loved the way it rode on the highway and said the build quality was impeccable. He's currently considering trading in his Chevy Malibu for a Civic of his own.