2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limitied V8 from North America

General Comments:

I just recently purchased my Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and I noticed that it has a very good sound system in it. I was wondering if it has a subwoofer in it or is it just the 4 speakers?

Review Date: 5th September, 2007

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo from North America

Summary:

This Jeep is not worth the name stamped on it

I purchased a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in 2005, which ran fine until January 2007 when all trouble broke loose.

It first began when I had a major tune up, and then several miscellaneous things went wrong.

Other mechanical problems such as brakes suck (front and rear), reverse lights don't work at all, radiator fan stop spinning, transmission stuck in third gear, and water pump failed. All of this happened with regular maintenance work done by licensed mechanics.

I will not EVER buy another Jeep Cherokee again, and wish some how I could be rid of this junk.

General Comments:

If you work hard for your money, which I am sure you do, don't buy a Jeep; you're wasting your hard earned money.

Review Date: 12th August, 2007

13th Aug 2007, 14:02

110K-- welcome to reality, stuffs going to go wrong. Go buy a Honda Accord and leave Jeep alone-- these cars aren't for perfectionists.

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee from North America

Good

All electrical gauges work when turning key on then go to 0 after the warning sound comes on. Then while engine running they take turns coming on /off. Also air conditioner cooling (the cold part not fan or blowers, but whatever make it cold compressor) and power windows have quit though all fuses are good. Both air cooling and windows started working on their own for one day then quit again on next start up. Checked all grounds and fuses and all appear to be good. Any suggestions would be great.

General Comments:

Car is good except above.

Review Date: 10th August, 2007

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 6 cy from North America

Summary:

Good looking, weak engineering

My driver seat has broken also - I know other people who own Jeeps, and they have had similar problems.

Chrysler had to know that there are several things on these vehicles that had problems, but are too cheap to fess up to the problems.

The brakes and rotors, the tail lights that go out every month, the door lock actuators (I've replaced all 4) the oil pressure gauge etc. - all too common a problem, and all should have had a recall - I've tried dealing with Chrysler reps, and they all have excuses and deny that these are too common a problem, so that they can sell parts and not have to go back and fix their screw ups.

I love the Jeep and its looks, but these pesky little expensive problems are inexcusable - I guess we need to wake Ralph Nader up to get something done. How dangerous is it to be driving along and then your seat breaks right off of the track? Even a GEO or that Russian junker that was around didn't have seats that break loose. What happens (God forbid) if you are in an accident and the seat breaks loose, I guess you get strangled by the seat belt.

This is why Chrysler is having problems and why Daimler wants to unload them. This is why the American auto manufactures are suffering; they just can't or won't build something to last like Toyota, Honda, Nissan. Well my next one won't be a Chrysler product that's for sure, so "here is another nail in your coffin Chrysler", you are your own worst enemy!!!

Review Date: 9th August, 2007

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 from North America

Summary:

Could be a great car if the manufacturer would step up to cover bad parts saving owner headaches

I was shocked to read the reviews on-line. I've had the actuators replaced on all 4 doors and the front passenger door twice. This appears to be a problem with moisture entering the door. Very touchy parts. If you don't replace when you first hear the 'quack' it will set off a chain reaction and you'll have to replace all 4.

I also have the tail light problem on the left side. I assumed since I bought the car used it might have been from a wreck or something, but after reading the posts it is an obvious manufacturer defect. I've replaced bulbs, sockets and was just quoted a price for new assembly both sides ($495).

Front speakers blew within the first 3 months. I never replaced

When I took in the car for tail light they inspected and told me I also had a transfer case leak, and a rear axle leak - $950.00.

General Comments:

It seems the magic number every 2 yrs is $1500. The problems that occur are recurring which lead to a lot of small maintenance costs of $200.

Review Date: 31st July, 2007