2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews - Page 20 of 46

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee laredo from North America

Year of manufacture2000

Summary:

Ratchet

The driver's seat broke.

The brakes are horrible.

The Jeep is poor on gas mileage.

The "perform service" indicator never goes off.

The digital gas indicator is always off by miles.

General Comments:

The seat brackets are horribly thin, I am not a big woman, but my seat broke and now I have to replace the whole seat. I am looking at over $3,000 to fix the seat and the car is not worth that much. I now prefer cars without power seats because it costs too much to repair.

Review Date: 22nd May, 2007

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee LX V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carToyota Pickup

Summary:

The best car I never want to own again

When I found this site, I had to laugh at the comments. I'm having the same "standard" issues as everyone else.

- At 80,000 miles lock motor/acuator started making its notorious duck sound; by the way, it is still making that noise.

- At 110,000 miles I replaced the transmission for around $4,500.

- The WORST problem is the rotors. Every 6 months I have the rotors taken off and spun for about $200. Then after another 6 months I replace with all new rotors for around $450. That's $600 expected dollars expected each year. I even get a discount at the brake shop, because they feel sorry for me.

- The front driver-side speaker is now blown, which I intend to fix ASAP... it is very annoying to say the least.

General Comments:

All in all, for some odd reason, I'm still happy with my purchase. I love the Jeep and it's performance, just could do without all of the faulty mechanics. Maybe one day we'll be able to buy a Jeep without all of this.

There are improvements: Jeep Transmissions are changing since the merge with Dahlmer. Also, I have received information in the mail regarding a lawsuit against Jeep in regards to their faulty rotors. Unfortunetly, I cannot apply because my Jeep is too old.

Review Date: 20th April, 2007

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee from North America

Previous carJeep Cherokee

Summary:

JUNK. My car anyway

Hi, I am currently going through a divorce. My husband sold my GMC Suburban and came home with this little gem for me from here on out. I have had this Jeep for 24 months. It is a Grand Cherokee. It has about 92,000 miles so far.

From day one I have had this Jeep I have experienced my worst nightmare.

I have had to replace brakes front and back, the entire air/heat system, major leaks everywhere, the radiator, the head gasket, battery, and NOW tomorrow, I am off to the transmission place for a nice hefty bill again.

The one thing I have not had problems with so far is the power locks, windows and light (tail) problem. I am sure that will come in April.

These cars are a huge expense. Not so easy to get rid of either. Everytime you think you are OK, and you'll continue on with it, something else goes wrong. By the time tomorrow comes with the transmission (it leaks a lot, gear sliding, and smells) I will have put over 4000.00 into this car, and it still finds something else to go wrong. I agree, do not purchase these cars. There are so many out there on the road, it amazes me they are still able to sell and make these cars.

I am just a single mom, and this car is way too expensive for me anymore.

Review Date: 19th March, 2007

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2000
Previous carJeep Cherokee

Summary:

Reasonably good, but needs to be improved if its going to compete with imports

Front rotors had to be redone several times in the first 50k - finally replaced them with non OEM rotors and haven't had any problems since.

Rear passenger door lock actuator and tailgate actuator went bad. Replaced bot myself, but parts grossly overpriced.

Some dripping of oil from pan and transmission fluid -- both minor, but make a mess of the driveway.

Front CV joint boot is cracked - dealer wanted too much $$ for repair.

Crankcase position sensor went and left me stranded -- car would crank, but not start.

Replaced shock absorbers.

A few manufacturer recalls for items that didn't I really hadn't noticed and didn't care about.

General Comments:

Engine has generally been reliable -- gas mileage could be better - about 15 mpg in city and 19 hwy.

Review Date: 13th February, 2007