2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews - Page 17 of 46

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 V8 from North America

Engine and transmission 4.7 V8 Automatic
Previous carChrysler Sebring Coupe

Summary:

I love the GC and would buy another, I just hope the problems are not going to follow me

I purchased this 2000 Jeep grand Cherokee limited with the v8 in june 2007. I also Have a 2001 GC and know what to expect for any problems to arise. I have had some luck so far. I hear a lot of problems with door locks, window regulators (my2001 just had that fixed) and lots of electrical. I would say the only problem I have came across was a whining sound from the front when I am at 55-70 mph. The sound is heard with the windows up and not pressing the gas. The dealer heard the noise and replaced the front axles, transfer case, bearing, and any other parts up front. The noise was still there, but not as loud. I have know idea what the noise is. I have never had 4x4 where my other one is 2x4. The other problem I am having that I have not heard any have yet is the Blend door problem. I am only getting heat on the one side. The dealer told me that it was a common problem, but not common enough to become a recall. To fix the problem they need to tear out the dash to get to these plastic doors that are broken. I was told it was a 900-1200 dollar job!!! I am glad that I have an extend warranty. any one else with this problem? email me at sylverjim@netscape.net.

General Comments:

The GC I purchased is a big jump in performance compaired to the 2001 GC with the in-line v6. The 2000 has the v8. The only thing I think is odd is the supercharger sounding noise I get. I was told it is normal???

Review Date: 12th October, 2007

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 Limited 4.7 liter V8 from North America

Engine and transmission 4.7 liter V8 Automatic
Previous carJeep Cherokee

Summary:

It's a luxurious keeper!

I haven't had any mechanical problems the entire time I've owned the vehicle.

I replaced the front brakes shortly after getting the vehicle because the rotors were warped badly, a common problem on this vehicle from what I've heard, also added a caliper update kit and haven't had a problem since.

Replaced the front and rear shocks earlier this year and put on new Yokohama Geolander HT-S tires about a year ago -- they do great in the snow and ice and off road.

General Comments:

This is by far the best vehicle I have owned so far.

It was a major upgrade from my 2000 Cherokee Classic, which was totalled in a wreck.

I've kept up regular maintenance and haven't had any problems.

Acceleration and braking (with the updated kit) is exceptional for an SUV and I love the V8 power!

Comfort level is high on the inside and the car looks beautiful.

For a 7-year-old vehicle, I still get comments from people asking if it's brand-new.

Gas mileage leaves a lot to be desired, but that's the trade-off for the V8.

It Does great off-road -- been on several Jeep trails and was never afraid or worried.

This is my daily driver and does get its share of abuse (rush-hour traffic, highway stop and go, off-roading), but as long as you take care of it and do the maintenance, I think you will be satisfied.

I'd buy a new one, if I liked the body style -- I think I'll hang on to this one!

Review Date: 25th September, 2007

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limitied V8 from North America

Engine and transmission V8 Automatic

General Comments:

I just recently purchased my Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and I noticed that it has a very good sound system in it. I was wondering if it has a subwoofer in it or is it just the 4 speakers?

Review Date: 5th September, 2007

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo from North America

Year of manufacture1999
Previous carPontiac Grand Am

Summary:

This Jeep is not worth the name stamped on it

I purchased a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in 2005, which ran fine until January 2007 when all trouble broke loose.

It first began when I had a major tune up, and then several miscellaneous things went wrong.

Other mechanical problems such as brakes suck (front and rear), reverse lights don't work at all, radiator fan stop spinning, transmission stuck in third gear, and water pump failed. All of this happened with regular maintenance work done by licensed mechanics.

I will not EVER buy another Jeep Cherokee again, and wish some how I could be rid of this junk.

General Comments:

If you work hard for your money, which I am sure you do, don't buy a Jeep; you're wasting your hard earned money.

Review Date: 12th August, 2007

13th Aug 2007, 14:02

110K-- welcome to reality, stuffs going to go wrong. Go buy a Honda Accord and leave Jeep alone-- these cars aren't for perfectionists.