2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo from North America

Summary:

Love it

Coolant light coming on.

General Comments:

People.. I have owned a 2001 JGC Laredo for 7 years and it has 80,000 miles. I have had a few of the problems mentioned on this site, but they have been very minor. How can you possibly complain about a ten year old car with 100,000+ miles that needs repairs and maintenance??? Cars do not last forever... you need to put a little money into them to keep them up to snuff.

Review Date: 15th November, 2010

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L straight 6 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Needs work

The following problems with my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo:

Driver's and front passenger window had mechanical breakdown. Now the left rear window is doing the same thing.

Transmission governor had to be replaced.

Pulsating brakes were resolved by using brake rotors other than the manufacturers.

Radiator fan ran constantly until I replaced the fan relay located behind the radiator shroud on the passenger side. Actually cut a hole in the side of the shroud to replace it... cheaper that way.

Now I'm worried about high oil pressure: starts at 45psi idle, and 60psi while driving.

General Comments:

With its problems, this Jeep still drives and handles beautifully.

Review Date: 7th November, 2010

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L V6 from North America

My wife bought the Jeep years ago, and it has always had problems, but lately it has been unbelievable.

The front rotors have to been changed every 15-20K miles, because the calipers have issues, and Chrysler has not done a single thing about it.

The window motor, transmission, and many other things have failed, but I was able to fix them.

Now the engine started overheating, and nobody knows what the problem is or how to fix it. This is the problem with millions of these vehicles, and Chrysler isn't doing nothing about it. DO NOT BUY A CHRYSLER PRODUCT, no matter what their ads and marketing says. The truth of it is that their products sucked, suck and will suck!!!

Review Date: 3rd November, 2010

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 from North America

Summary:

So far, it seems like a good car

I just bought a Jeep GC, and I'm just now learning about all the problems with them!!! It runs great, so I HOPE I don't have all these problems!!

General Comments:

The only problem I can see with the car, is with the driver's door, as the bracket is broke, but that's an easy repair.

Review Date: 29th October, 2010

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 from North America

Summary:

Junk

Very very unhappy with my 2001 Grand Cherokee. I got it brand new in 2001, and first the wheels start to rust all over, the rotors went bad, the heater core went bad, the evaporator went bad, the transmissions went bad, etc... etc... etc...

Chrysler cars are piece of junk... Did not know that.

Will go back to buy this time a German car.

No more Chrysler cars, oh no.

Thank you Chrysler... will remember you and your cars forever!

Review Date: 22nd October, 2010

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee LIM from North America

Summary:

Don't BUY IT!!! and Gimme MY MONEY BACK!!

Replaced window motors, replaced back brake light and head light, replaced A/C, check engine light on, replaced tires 3x, replaced steering, fixed A/C hose, A/C leaking, causing a pond in passenger seat, headlight's "sand like" covering won't come off, car just stops, or won't turn on, rear window spring broken, hood spring broken, back windows "sticky", paint chipping, squeaky when driving..

General Comments:

OK, this is my first "main car" I've ever owned, paid it off myself, and therefore loved it.

Man oh man, did I get a run for my money. I paid it off last year, and all hell broke lose, everything is breaking on the damn car!

I love the shape of it, and when it works, it's awesome, but note how I said WHEN it works. Every possible problem has happened with this car, and most car places as well as Jeep themselves have no idea what is wrong with it half the time. Honestly, this Jeep is crap... it's a good idea gone terribly wrong. Anybody thinking of buying this car, don't! Actually buy mine... I'm trying to trade it in :)

Review Date: 21st October, 2010

18th Mar 2014, 19:06

Most second owners will have a hard time with Jeeps over 200K.

However, most foreign cars of the 2000's with less mileage will show unrepairable issues with less.