2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 from United Arab Emirates

Summary:

It's a weekend car, not for the daily use

The rear windows are not working.

High maintenance cost.

Eats fuel like a hungry monster.

General Comments:

The things which are good:

Full of options.

Heavy on the highway.

So comfortable on long journeys.

Excellent, excellent, excellent off-road ability.

Buy it only if you do not have daily heavy use, because it eats fuel like monster.

Things which are bad:

It is a disaster in fuel consumption.

Review Date: 5th October, 2010

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 V8 from North America

Summary:

I love my Jeep!!!

I just recently got my first Jeep. Previously I owned a 2001 Eclipse. And I love my Jeep so much more.

Besides simple bulb and battery replacement, I have had no problems. All I know is I will always own a Jeep.

General Comments:

My Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited is amazing. I have been off roading and it handled great. And it is very smooth during everyday driving. Aside from gas prices, there isn't anything I would change.

Review Date: 19th September, 2010

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 from North America

Summary:

Very expensive to keep it running!

Had to replace power window motors in driver & passenger doors.

Had to replace transmission.

Had to replace timing belt.

Had to replace A/C blower.

Had to replace alternator.

Had to repair 2 oil leaks.

Had to replace several belts & hoses.

General Comments:

A lot of room for the family, but I've probably spent the price I paid again in repair bills. Every time I take it to my mechanic, he always says, "Yeah these Jeeps are bad for that." They're bad for everything!

Review Date: 9th September, 2010

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L from North America

Summary:

All around great vehicle with poor mileage

Water pump at 125,000.

Passenger window regulator at 130,000.

Transmission sensor at 116,000.

General Comments:

Very comfortable to drive. Seats are great for long trips. 4 wheel drive is exceptional in inclement weather.

4.0 is not powerful enough for this size of vehicle. Still does the job, but with absolutely nothing left over. Gas mileage is not too great either. If looking for one, go with the V8.

Review Date: 26th August, 2010

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 liter I6 from North America

Summary:

Do not buy it, even if you think it looks cool

Cooling fan relay timer, $350 (107k miles).

Broken drivers seat, $100 to replace frame (107k miles).

Upholstery repair (worn padding), $80 (107k miles).

Brakes and rotors, and shuttering sounds while braking, $950 (108k miles).

Leak fixes, $75 (108k miles).

Another leak fix and hose, $75 (108k miles).

Transmission worked on, $250 (109k miles).

Idle air intake, which caused stalling, $175 (109k miles).

Failed tail lights, $250 (I replaced the crappy stock ones with aftermarket ones).

Currently the wipers turn on every time I turn my signal light on, and the board will say "turn signal on" when it's not even on.

Water pump, $450.

New resonator because the gasket was worn, $85.

New window motors, $200 to replace all.

New oil PSI switch (oil pressure meter was at zero, and check gauges light was on), $97.

Check engine light is on right now, but I ignore it because I'm sick of the problem list.

Check ABS light comes on and comes on, and now is burning bright.

This is a lemon. I'm unlucky. I wish the quality matched the looks.

Everyone else is having the same problems as I am after reading these people's posts. No wonder Chrysler is in crisis.

General Comments:

It's not a reliable truck. I thought that a newer Jeep would be better in quality compared to my 1995 JGC Limited, but I was mistaken. IT'S EVEN WORSE.

So many problems came up; it's spent more time in the shop than me driving it. I was embarrassed to be stalled in the middle of the highway, and had the CHP push my Jeep with their car to take me to a safe spot where a tow guy would come. A few people stopped by and laughed, and said "that's what happens if you buy a Jeep!"

My old 95 JGC had less problems, and my 95 JGC had more than 200k miles on it. Not to mention, this one has half of mileage as my old one.

I totaled my 95 in a rollover. I regret buying another Jeep.

The seat broke after I bought it. It drove fine at the car lot, but after driving it in standard urban settings, so many things came up.

I spent 3k on fixing it. I bought it for $6800, which is the Kelly Blue Book value, but I spent more fixing it than I actually paid for it.

Review Date: 26th July, 2010

26th Jul 2010, 10:44

Since when is $3,000 greater than $6,800? $3,000 is a lot to pay in repairs, however I paid twice that to keep my domestic vehicle running over the course of 3 years. Turned out to be a total waste, as the vehicle was totally shot before 100,000 miles anyways.

11th Apr 2013, 16:56

You rolled one and you can't fix the other.

Sounds like you're the problem.