1969 Mazda 1500 Deluxe from Australia and New Zealand - Comments

8th Oct 2012, 19:44

I have a 69 Luce wagon with 64 miles on it. Pretty good condition. Anyone have an idea of price it may be worth? I'm in B.C. Canada. Let me know at joneswc@telus.net.

31st Dec 2012, 15:46

I love the Mazda 1500 SS. It's hard to find them or even see one.

I feel owners are starting to wake up and smell the $$$.

12th Apr 2013, 00:41

Hi,

I own a 1968 Mazda 1500SS (SUA), which I drove until around 2000. The car now sits in a garage waiting for some tender care and new future adventures.

The car was my first car, and I am now on my second car, a Peugeot (now 27 years old). As you can see, I do not change cars every few years.

I loved the car and still do; the car has the original engine.

Years ago there were many parts for the car, and I have for some time been collecting some parts, waiting for the big day, which is only a dream.

John

9th May 2013, 10:38

I'm still interested to see how everyone's 'investment' in the SS is generating a deep groundswell of interest, thus pushing prices ever higher?

If anyone has an SS insured with Shannons, Lumleys or other for more than 10k, please stand up...

Mr Goldberg suggests he sold an SS to another young chap in Tassy for 19k, with another SS sold not long before it again to Tassy for 10k... What's going on here?

Would love to have seen Mr Goldberg's car... Anyone bought it?

There's one SS rusty forlorn on the open market today... an occasional 1800 or to seen driven by old ladies at the shops...

I'll keep looking....but meanwhile I see healthy prices for 105's, 2002's, and even 124's (AC) are making modest gains.

Cheers, Michel.

2nd Aug 2013, 23:04

The Mazda 1500 SS is a genuine classic, ripper of a car to hold onto, and you'll be the owners of an expensive classic.

Its true value is on the rise.

27th Sep 2013, 02:44

I have been informed by Mazda Clubs that a Mazda 1500 SS is a true car to have in your collection. Even if you get those tire kickers.

It's a very rare car. I have never seen one on the road for years.

The people who own them, are starting to realize what they have now.

Enjoy a car that has history, class, looks, and value.

26th Oct 2013, 08:25

No matter what you read hear or been told. The Mazda 1500 SS is a vehicle that should not be left on main roads, car parks, shopping malls. They are rare, and parts are damn hard to find and expensive now, which means it's a collectable vintage classic.

2nd Jan 2014, 21:24

I have just noticed on eBay that all the parts for the Mazda 1500 SS have sky rocketed. It seems owners are starting to see the true value.

10th Jan 2014, 02:40

All Mazda 1500 SS models should not be overlooked. They are a liked car that has plenty of appeal.

Once they reach 50 years old, say in 2018, look out buyers, they will be worth a mint.

11th Mar 2014, 04:15

Have inherited a 1968 Mazda 1500 Deluxe Wagon. Does anyone know of anywhere in NZ where I can find the original SOHC for it, as it has a pushrod motor put in it?

5th Apr 2014, 01:56

Try Japwreckers in Melbourne Australia.

10th Apr 2014, 22:53

Hi all,

I have a 1500 SS sedan that I'm wrecking...

Lots of good usable parts still available.

Email me at mazrota@gmail.com if any parts needed.

Cheers.

27th Apr 2014, 01:16

Hi all,

I am working on a 1500SS to put back on the road and am after a new windscreen rubber. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Cheers Robert