2005 Nissan Altima Reviews - Page 2 of 9

Year of manufacture2005
First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 3.5 V6 Automatic
Previous carAcura Integra

Summary:

Great car, and fast when you need to go

Nothing has gone wrong with the car yet. Have only had it for a few thousand kms, but it seems to be running great.

General Comments:

The car is very quick and powerful for the 3.5 engine. It is used in many Nissan vehicles.

I read many reviews before buying this car. I found a minty 1 owner no accident car with under 40k kms on it, and it was 5 years old. The car is practically brand new.

The car runs great, fuel economy is OK, not the greatest, but decent for a V6.

The car is the fully loaded model leather heated seats sunroof Bose 8 speaker system. The seats are comfortable.

I'm very pleased with this car, and hopefully will be for many years. Will update after more use thanks, and oh ya, stay away from the 2.5L Altimas; read the reviews on them, they are junk, the engines will fail on you sooner or later.

Review Date: 4th May, 2010

2005 Nissan Altima S 2.5 from North America

Year of manufacture2004
First year of ownership2009
Previous carChevrolet Silverado

Summary:

The best looking nightmare I ever bought

Within the 5 months that I have owned this car, I have put about 11,000 miles on it, and within that time I have had a scare with the throttle positioning sensor throwing a code, and in order to replace that sensor, I believe you have to replace your entire throttle body.

Turns out the reason why that happened is because I used fuel injector cleaner; you cannot clean the fuel systems in these cars apparently, or it will mess up your throttle sensor.

I noticed when I bought it, it shifted a little hard between 1 and 2, however I noticed as well that if you accelerate more, making it to where it shifts out of 1st at around 3500rpm, the shift is a lot smoother.

Yesterday the check engine light came on again, this time for a speed sensor. I've read up on this, and I'm pretty sure bad things are sure to come very quickly.

I'm maxed out. I didn't expect for my car to have this many problems when I haven't even owned it a year, and my warranty company who I have an extended warranty through won't replace anything that I need to be replaced. I bet if I red line it and throw a rod, I will get a new motor, but I'm sure I would still have the same problems all over again.

General Comments:

The car looks good, and it's pretty quick for a 4cyl.

I don't really feel safe in this car; when you shut the door, you can pretty much tell there isn't much to save you in an accident.

I wish I could go back in time and never sell my truck for this thing.

Review Date: 10th April, 2010

22nd Jan 2011, 11:53

Come on, all used cars have sensors and stuff that go bad. It's all about the engine and transmission lasting. Other small things are almost like maintenance now days.

24th Jan 2011, 20:06

Why would you use injector cleaner at 11000 miles? It's too early.

2005 Nissan Altima SE 3.5L from North America

Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 3.5L Automatic

Summary:

Worrisome

Engine shut off while driving. No response.

General Comments:

Last week I noticed the hard shifting (from 1st gear to 2nd) during low speed driving. After a few minutes, I pushed on the gas as I was in the road, but the car would not respond. After a few seconds, the engine just shut down. Luckily, I tried to reverse the car, and I was able to get it out of the intersection where it stopped. A few seconds after, it just shut off completely. I was unable to turn the engine back on. I was also unable to turn the headlights off. The car had to be towed from the intersection.

I took it to the garage, and my mechanic couldn't find what the issue was.

I also called Nissan, but they would not provide any relevant information. I noticed that there was a recall a few years ago on the 2.5L, but nothing on the 3.5L. I am afraid this could happen anytime, and I just hope next time, it would not be in an intersection.

Review Date: 23rd March, 2010