1993 Nissan Hardbody Pickup 2.4 from North America

Summary:

Not up to Japanese quality

My timing chain guide broke after the first 3000 miles. Shortly after, transmission failure.

General Comments:

This was my first and last Nissan purchase. Paying $3200 for a truck, you would think it would last more than 4 months.

First problem was the timing chain guide; had it repaired, setting me back $1500. A month later the transmission went out.

I was hoping this truck would be up to Toyota standards.

Review Date: 6th November, 2007

3rd Feb 2013, 10:03

This experience is mirrors mine. However, after at first thinking that the brand was junk, I was forced to own up to fact that I had purchased an abused/neglected vehicle. Nice paint, new wheels and tires, and a new stereo do not a truck make.

Lesson learned: Look beyond what you see, have a trusted mechanic give it a complete going over. My mistake cost me an engine replacement, new clutch and new exhaust system. With a mechanic brother and friends' help, I now have a very nice rig that is every bit as good as my old Toyota 4x4. Buying a used pickup can be a gamble for sure.

12th Oct 2013, 10:57

My little truck has had only one little problem since my elk hunting disaster. The timing chain wore a hole in the front cover, spilling coolant into the crankcase. This was common with ka24e engines and Toyota 22r engines. Repair was 316 dollars. The truck runs great, but I will never buy a salvage engine again. The timing chain guide was missing. The auto wreckers did not know this.

1993 Nissan Hardbody Pickup from North America

Summary:

Dependable inexpensive truck

Have had no problems with this truck.. Been changing the oil and did the brakes shoes plus some new tires and all is well. Interior light is crap, cab is small and needs weight in the rear in the snow, but other wise love it.

Review Date: 2nd September, 2007

1993 Nissan Hardbody Pickup kingcab SE 3.0 from North America

The manifold bolts start backing out and had to be replaced at around 50,000 miles. This problem continues around every 50,000 miles or so. Nissan should be responsible for this problem. It is around $500.00 to get fixed.

Automatic transmission was rebuilt at 231,000 miles.

Motor still going strong. It sometimes has some clicking for a few seconds when it is first cranked.

General Comments:

Great truck. Still drive it everyday.

Review Date: 9th March, 2007

1993 Nissan Hardbody Pickup SEV6 3.0L V6 from North America

Summary:

The greatest truck ever made, next to a HUMVEE!

Changed transmission at 16500km. Had rear springs re-sprung at 192000km.

General Comments:

The greatest truck ever made, next to a HUMVEE! This truck is awesome - it's comfortable for a real truck, it is nearly unstoppable in mud and snow, it's great on gas, fun to drive, and looks cool. On top of that, it's been very reliable.

Review Date: 16th August, 2006

20th May 2007, 21:11

I agree! First vehicle I ever drove. Totaled in a wreck in '98. Still miss it!

1993 Nissan Hardbody Pickup Hustler 2.4 litre from North America

Summary:

Best little pickup on the market!

Starting motor replaced at 150,000 kilometres and the ERG valve was replaced at 170,000 kilometres. Other than that just general maintenance and tires.

General Comments:

I love my little 1993 Nissan Hustler.

If all the rest of the vehicles that I owned were as cost efficient and reliable as this, it would have saved me a lot of money.

In the 12 years that I have owned this vehicle it has cost me practically nothing in mechanical bills and every time I drive it, I drive it with complete confidence.

If the truck fell to the ground tomorrow, I could not say a bad thing about it. It has treated me well.

It may not be a giant on the road, but it serves the purpose for me. Plain and simple this is a great little truck for the money. I would buy another one tomorrow if I had to.

I cannot see how anyone could put this little truck down. You must remember this is not a Hummer. You get what you pay for.

Review Date: 26th December, 2005