1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 3.0L from North America

Summary:

Practical, reliable, and fun family performance sedan

Starter replaced at 93,000 miles.

Front axles replaced at 137,000 miles.

Front brake pads replaced at 109k and 169k.

Rear brake pads replaced at 141k and 203k.

Water pump replaced at 211k.

Accessory belts replaced at 185k.

Radiator replaced at 170k.

Ignition switch replaced at 156k.

Fuel injector (cylinder #5) replaced at 200k.

Front strut (left) replaced at 176k.

Valve cover gasket replaced at 226k.

General Comments:

With routine maintenance, the Maxima has been very solid and reliable over the years.

The repair intervals for the various items are more than reasonable I think. I have done my own oil/filter changes every 10k with Mobil 1 5w30 full synthetic since about 75k, and the engine looked very clean when I did the valve cover gasket last year. The Maxima consumes no oil between changes either.

I sense no decline in acceleration performance, even with 232k on the car. Still have the original clutch.

I wish my 2003 BMW 330i had my Maxima's reliability (91k - valve cover gasket, sunroof binding, front wheel bearing, coolant expansion tank leak, HVAC malfunction, oil consumption (1 quart/500 miles), bad sensors, accessory pulley's bearings gone bad, bad lower control arm bushings). But I digress.

I plan on hanging onto my 4th gen Maxima indefinitely. It shows no signs of slowing down. I feel very confident it will reach 300k+.

Review Date: 4th April, 2014

4th Apr 2014, 13:08

Your experience is similar to my 1997 Maxima 5 speed. It astounds me you have your original clutch. Bravo!

These are great cars and they seem to last a long time with few problems. Good luck in the future.

1995 Nissan Maxima SLE 6 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Reliable

IAC sensor? Some sensor located somewhere above the manifold.

General Comments:

I love my 95 Maxima; it's a really nice, reliable and fast car for a 4 door car. I could always depend on this car till it got stolen; that happens when you live on one of the most dangerous cities.

Review Date: 22nd July, 2011

14th Aug 2012, 20:23

What city are you at?

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0 V6 from North America

Summary:

Four door sportscar! FAST!!!

Watch for rust on the rocker panels and around the spoiler. It creeps up fast.

Bose stereo was nice while it lasted.

Alternator (215,000).

Not quite sure, but the car starts rough. Runs perfect once it stops (not the timing chain, not starter).

Leather seats wore bad.

General Comments:

This thing is fast!!! This car can outrun newer cars with bigger motors. Even with 225,000 miles, a mere tap on the gas will give you a speeding ticket! The designing of the car looks newer than a 1995 too! Very nice looking compared to other 1995's.

The SE model that we have is aggressive looking and a blast to drive. The 5 speed manual makes you feel like you're in a sports car! This was our family car up to about 2009, and it still was plenty reliable. Our problem was that the previous owner didn't maintain it properly and it was not garaged. Keep up on the maintenance and it'll be a companion for life.

When we get rid of this car, it will probably be replaced with another Maxima. It was bought as a desperate buy when our other car died. We had no idea what a nice car we had bought. This car is worth a good look at!

Review Date: 5th October, 2010

1995 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0 from North America

Summary:

Love it, love it, love it!!!

I LOVE THIS CAR. It's never given me a problem that weren't normal wear and tear. Great car for the buck!!!

General Comments:

Real fast, and handles like a dream,

Review Date: 11th January, 2010

1995 Nissan Maxima SE VQ30DE from North America

Summary:

One great 4dr sports car that really can cruise

One alternator at 212k miles, found that it was stock.

Three power window switches AP. Cost total $390.00.

Two front shocks, also stock.

General Comments:

I love this car and it loves me.

The trans seems like 2 mode logic.

The body rolls but, it will stay put.

With VQ power, a few speeding tickets will follow.

All I've got is a K&N air filter, and that is it.

My car is a 4 of 1994, but first body 1995, and it is still strong.

Review Date: 11th September, 2008