1992 Nissan Sentra Reviews - Page 3 of 10

Year of manufacture1992
Engine and transmission 1.6 GAde Manual
Distance when acquired206000 miles
Most recent distance402000 miles

Summary:

402k miles, awesome car

I changed alternator twice, starter once.

I have the front axles changed 3 times.

I changed front main seal twice.

I changed brakes-rotors twice.

General Comments:

The car is excellent car, as of yesterday I have 402k on it, and I drive everyday about 110 miles. I changed oil every 5000 miles with havoline and I change my own oil and as filter I always used pureone filter. I get around 37mpg at highway driving and I never saw less than 31mpg. I change air filter every 30k, and fuel filter, spark plugs, oxygen sensor every 60k.The car is incredibly reliable, my friends cannot believe the mileage because at the idle speed, there is no noise from the car at all. I do all maintenance on my car and except the axles, I changed everything by myself. I love my car.

Review Date: 14th May, 2005

6th Nov 2005, 23:08

Man I have a "92 Nissan Sentra and it has more miles then yours amazingly. I get crap all the time for my car that has over 431k miles on it, but I agree it's a good car!

25th Apr 2007, 12:51

I am excited. My NIssan 92 SE is just a baby with 115K miles. I look forward too many more years of driving! All the seals are a bit leaky, but it only causes me to have to top off the oil every now and then.

1992 Nissan Sentra 4 cl. from North America

Model year1992
Year of manufacture1992
Engine and transmission 4 cl. Automatic
Distance when acquired132000 miles
Previous carOldsmobile Silhouette

Summary:

A piece of trash that should be in a junk yard

The brakes were trashed within 3 weeks of owning the car.

When I took it in to have the brakes replaced, the dealer would not allow the car to be removed from the lot for serious safety issues that included:

Calipers that were hanging off.

A missing nut that was needed to hold on one of the rear wheels was missing.

Leaks from every system that had coated the under carriage with a half inch of goo.

Axle had to be replaced for the car to be driven.

When I was notified of all of these problems, I ran a report on the car and found that the mileage had been rolled back.

I will never buy a car again with out using this site and run a report on the vehicle Identification number (VIN).

I bought this car from a major dealership, that provided paperwork that they signed and that they required that I sign, that stated that they had done a "99 Point Inspection" on this car. That is why I did not do an independent inspection on it. When I returned the car I asked to see the inspection and they refused to show it to me.

Even though I had bought it "as is" from the dealer, with all of the evidence I presented, I demanded and with not too much effort, got a full refund of my money. I presented photos taken by the mechanic. I presented the car report on the odometer as well.

The General Manager of the dealership stated that he would turn around and resell the car "as is". And he said he would not correct the odometer reading and would not report it as having been altered.

My recommendation is that if you buy a used car from a dealer, I would still get an independent mechanical inspection on it before buying it.

The cost for the repairs estimate was two times more than I paid for the car, which was $1500.00.

I have owned several other Japanese cars, but never a Nissan. I would be very leery of ever buying another Nissan. I have loved all of my other Japanese cars.

General Comments:

I am back in the market for a car, and I found this site to read owner comments. I applaud this site and the time owners take to review their cars.

Review Date: 6th May, 2005

8th May 2005, 16:14

It seems like your problems had less to do with the Nissan Sentra itself, and more to do with a dishonest/shady dealership and the acquisition of a very used/abused car.

26th Aug 2005, 11:16

Sounds like previous owner (s) didn't take care of it, then the dealer who sold it to you was in a rush to get it off the lot. An independent inspection should always be done, no matter the dealer's size or reputation. Also, you should have obtained a copy of the 'inspection' prior to or during purchase. Nissan isn't at fault, vehicle abuse seems to be the case. THE PLUS SIDE is that you didn't drop say $20 000 on an abused car. Things could be far worse than they are... Mike in Calgary, Canada.

12th Jun 2006, 18:09

"Rotors that were gouged so deep that if the calliper caught on any one of the grooves, it could flip the car."

Uh, no.

23rd Aug 2008, 19:09

You say you bought the vehicle from a major (Nissan?) dealership.

It was 13 years old. No main dealer will sell on a car that age, even as a part-ex.

17th Jan 2010, 17:48

Guys, it's worth buying a car fax before purchasing used cars. I've learned.