1992 Nissan Sentra XE 1.6L 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Good all around car

Tail lights went out due to chewed wire.

Brakes were rusted in place when purchased.

Filler neck leaked when purchased.

Mice died and built a nest in the blower motor.

General Comments:

Good all around car. Very light and can't carry too much weight (825 lbs.).

Review Date: 20th February, 2005

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R 2.0 from North America

Summary:

I will miss my Sentra SE-R

I bought the car at 150,000 miles with no brakes. We replaced the master cylinder and haven't had a problem since. We have drove it up to 181,000 and now the engine is making noise. We drove it for a while with the noise, but now have decided to park it. This is very depressing as it has been a great car! The only problem was with the trunk lock. The lock got stuck so we had to take the mechanism out, seems to be a common problem.

General Comments:

Being the SE-R model, this is a very quick car. The car is comfortable, with a nice design and very reliable. I have had a lot of fun in it and I am sad to see it go. The handling is all right, and it got pretty good gas mileage.

Review Date: 3rd September, 2004

2nd Jan 2006, 19:34

I have a Nissan Sentra SE-R and it is a 1992. It has over 200,000 miles on it and still runs just fine except for that noise you may be talking about. I came to the conclusion that one of the valves was blown. Regardless the car still runs, but it was not advisable. I looked into repairing it at the cost of just over $1000.00. It was a small price to pay when you consider how much a new auto costs. Yes they are great cars and I would say it could easily run to 300,000 miles or more.

3rd Jan 2006, 13:43

One of the big regrets I have is not buying one of these amazing cars when they were available. I tried to look for a clean one when I was looking for a second car, but the examples I found were overpriced and truly beat up. But even when I test drove one example that was abused its entire life, I could still sense the magic. One of the most fantastic rides ever.

I wish Nissan would duplicate this car again, as the current one is simply a poser.

3rd Jun 2007, 02:26

I bought my 92 se-r used with just over 100k miles on it with a great maintenance record. It even handles better than the 2003 honda accord my wife drives!!

Its got 130k miles on it now and I only had to replace the starter on it. No problems: went to the junk yard, and spent $15 and put it back in myself. Everything on this car is very easy to work on from the engine to the suspension. Last 15 years of car development really has gone to stuff like navigation and heated car seats- what a waste.

This car has a good chance of hitting 300K miles and I was lucky to find it in excellent condition.

15th Mar 2010, 21:09

I've got a 92 SE-R. I bought it a year ago for $100 with 180,000 miles. Now a year later it's pushing 240,000 miles and haven't had to change a part on it yet. Original motor and transmission... definitely the best vehicle I've ever owned.. Nissan is definitely the way to go.

1992 Nissan Sentra E 1.6dohc from North America

Summary:

If I was to have another car I would go with Nissan

When I bought it it didn't run and I looked at the battery and the cables were junk. The right front wheel bearing needed to be replaced. For being as cheap as what I bought it for so far I have put around 70 dollars to make it safe.

General Comments:

It is a great handling car, very fast for being a stock four cyl. The inside is very roomy, lot of leg room, and when I up graded the stereo to all out system the trunk sounds great with subs in it.

Review Date: 25th August, 2004