1997 Plymouth Breeze Reviews - Page 9 of 11

1997 Plymouth Breeze 2.5 Four Cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 2.5 Four Cylinder Automatic
Previous carMercury Sable

Summary:

Great Car

When I bought the car there where rips in the seat, a rod loose from the sun roof and a very little rust, not noticeable unless you are really looking for it.

General Comments:

This car has been great. Drove it from CT to Las Vegas no problems. Since coming from CT it has gone to Las Angeles two times, Deep into Arizona Once and down to Mexico once.

There have been no major problems knock on wood. I had the windows tinted with limo tint all around and everyone just loves the car. The additions made to it makes it look like an expensive sports car.

Review Date: 29th October, 2002

1997 Plymouth Breeze from North America

First year of ownership1997
Engine and transmission Manual
Previous carChevrolet Silverado

Summary:

A car well suited to highway driving

The heater has not been very effective since the purchase of the vehicle.

At around 150,000 miles it started using oil. The quantity at this writing is about one quart every 1000 miles or so. Culprit is probably the head gasket.

At around 170,000 miles the transmission developed a roaring sound at highway speeds. Culprit is probably bad bearings.

General Comments:

The problems I have encountered are more than likely due to age and general wear. Overall it has been a nice car. I intend to have the problems corrected and continue driving it until the wheels fall off or 1 million miles whichever comes first.

Review Date: 30th September, 2002

1997 Plymouth Breeze 2.0L 4-cylinder from North America

First year of ownership1999
Engine and transmission 2.0L 4-cylinder Manual
Previous carChevrolet Truck

Summary:

A bargain for the car that WILL take a beating!

My head gasket was cracked when I purchased the car, but Chrysler fixed it with me only paying out $50.

Front end needed a little love around 85,000 miles, but I considered it to be normal for the amount of mileage. The tie rod ends, calipers and bearings.

Crank sensor supposedly needed to be replaced, but mechanic took me for a ride on that one. Granted the car was stalling, but the was because the three wires that connect the sensor had melted into one therefore causing the problem, well Mr. Fit It replaced the thing, but it kept stalling. So when I got home I finally had a real mechanic look at it and actually fix the problem.

General Comments:

I love this car with a passion. I get nothing but compliments from everyone that sees the car.

I think if anyone were to buy a Breeze make it a manual shift. Two reasons, more pep at your fingertips and and a lot more fun than an automatic transmission.

Review Date: 16th June, 2002

6th Jun 2003, 12:39

All I have to say is to read all the what has gone wrong, and that is exactly what has gone wrong.

But, I do have to say that the car has very good pickup. The air does not work, but I can drive fast enough to feel the wind.

1997 Plymouth Breeze 2.0 4-cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 2.0 4-cylinder Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Monte Carlo

Summary:

Plymouth did a good job

After I bought the car it began having piston misfires, and eventually the flywheel cracked. It also began leaking oil at around 95,000 miles. I do, however, think that the dealer had done things to the car to make it more appealing.

General Comments:

I completely replaced the motor in my breeze and now I love it. I had a 2000 year motor put in it. After having this done I still have less than 5,000 dollars in the car and the motor only has a total of 12,000 miles on it now. The handling is amazing on this car, not to mention the lavish interior and stereo system. I had an expensive stereo system to put in it when I bought it, but decided not to install it after hearing the factory system. Overall I'm glad I bought the car and would recommend it to others.

Review Date: 25th May, 2002