NOT that fast, NOT that furious, NOT really worth it
- Shifting linkage needed adjustment at 105K. (Shifter indicator was in park and went into reverse.)
- Thermostat stuck open at 108K.
- Water pump went out at 112K.
- Turn signal switch stopped working at 113K.
- Starter solenoid wouldn't work also at 113K. (Required to start the car.)
- Headlights and taillights were very dim at 116K.
- Looks nice
- Great on gas
- Can do burnouts (but not big ones)
- Frequent mechanical problems
- Frequent electrical problems
- Rusting inside engine block.
I had this car for over a year and already had to dump at least $4,000 into it. Engine has not been reliable at all. Coolant was brown and engine block is rusting on the inside. Water pump and starter solenoid both went out in less than a month. Although the engine great on gas, they're a huge pain in the butt to work on. You have to take out so many components just to replace one!
Firebird is a great car, but the 3.4L engines lack horsepower and torque! GM should have only put V8's into Firebirds, considering it's an AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 6th March, 2008