1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT Sedan 3.1 litre V6 from North America

Replaced: Alternator, Front and Rear A-frames, entire exhaust system, spark plugs and wires, brakes and calipers, electrical system was shot, Entire cooling system failed, shocks wore out way sooner than they should have.

General Comments:

This was my first car, and at first I loved it. It was such a blast to drive. It's fast, comfortable, and handle like a dream. However it was constantly in the shop, at some points it was a weekly visit to the mechanic. I always took good care of it, had proper maintenance done on it, and always made sure to drive it easy, but it still needed quite a few fixes.

Review Date: 25th September, 2006

1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4 cylinder. 2.3 liter Quad OHC from North America

Summary:

Powerful, reliable, great looking vehicle

Needed to fix the ABS brakes right away, but I knew that when I bought it.

Driver's door doesn't close properly, have a hard time opening it.

Driver's side window in front off track. One on passenger side works, but barely.

Vibrates BADLY when going 60 MPH or higher. Needs alignment.

Has a horrendous loud, hollow, tinny sound from under the car. Anyone tell me what that might be?? Hope it's not costly.

Not good on bumps. I figured it was because I was used to my minivan, so no biggie.

Everything rattles in the interior. The dash is especially bad.

Trunk only opens from the inside, the key the dealer gave me doesn't work. It only works for the doors.

Seat belt on the driver's side is hard to use, it doesn't go into the buckle properly.

When I bought it, the wipers worked, now the passenger side one is broken.

Passenger door doesn't unlock unless it's by hand (I have power door locks).

Fog lamps don't work.

To me, it's all minor stuff because it has INCREDIBLE power for a 4 cylinder.

General Comments:

Great on gas.

Paid $2000 for it, and I think it's worth it. I have had it for about 2 months now, and she's pretty reliable. I think the previous owners took care of her well, motor-wise I mean. The motor is wonderful. I am amazed at the power of this car. Plus, she's a great looking car, silver 4 door. Spoiler, alloy wheels, great looking car. Cosmetically, and motor-wise, I am extremely happy. This car has more power than my minivan did, which was a V6.

Review Date: 10th February, 2006

11th Feb 2006, 02:49

That sound might be the shield on the catalytic converter rattling. I've heard the same thing on other cars. Check that out.

13th Feb 2006, 13:44

I am the one who wrote this review previously, I just wanted to add that my Grand Am is actually a 1994, not a 1993. I noticed the review is listed under 1993, so I wanted to clarify. And to whoever mentioned what that noise was, I appreciate your help, I'll get that converter checked. Thanks again.

1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT 3.1 from North America

Summary:

I love my Dark Green Grand Am GT

Nothing at all has gone wrong with the car. when I bought it it needed a new window regulator and the AC is down, but I don't use the AC so I don't plan to fix it.

Other than that nothing else has gone wrong.

General Comments:

A very good car! very good for the miles on the thing. the most dependable car I ever owned as to date.

Its very speedy and at times I have to slow down since just a tap of the pedal I'm already going 40MPH.

It seems to be a very common model as I always see it around as I'm driving so that also tells me it's a great car.

Bought it off a friend for 2000 bucks he wanted 3500 but was nice to lower the price for me.

I love the car a lot, for those who are unhappy with it I'm sorry to hear that as I love it!

Didn't know I had cup holders in the car until the day I installed the new radio lol.

I love the motor sound of my car with the dual mufflers my car sounds like a race car is driving down the street.

And when I'm out on the town people will always talk about my car and tell me how they wish to own such a car.

And finally its extremely good on gas. 20 bucks fills the thing up and that gas will last me for 2 weeks!

Review Date: 11th August, 2005