2000 Pontiac Grand Prix from North America
Do not ever buy a GM
I can safely say that I have had the most problems with my car, that I have fixed or given up on because it still gets me to my destination.
1. Only the 4th option for my heater works and it's not very hot at all.
2. The A.C. doesn't work at all.
3. The check engine light has been on for over 3 years; they say it's the air intake, which has been replaced 2 times, then they say it's the wiring that goes into the air intake and I'll need a whole new wire harness.
4. Windshield wipers once turned off will stay in the up position v.s. going down.
5. Windshield wiper spray doesn't work.
6. Defroster doesn't work at all.
7. The rear speakers only work when it is extremely hot in the car like when it reaches 90-100 something with the humidity (strange right).
8. I don't dare ever put my passenger or driver side windows down all the way, for the fact they won't come up for a while.
9. There is a weird knocking noise coming from my passenger side. It kind of sounds like I have a small hole in my exhaust pipe (which would make sense), except that whenever I'm turning around a bend to the right, the noise disappears.
10. When I have the car off and the keys out, the fan for the heater/A.C. will be on and I can clearly hear it, so I have to pull the fuse out so it won't work.
11. The drivers side unlock switch doesn't work (locking is fine, just unlocking isn't).
12. When it rains very hard outside, I will get a puddle in my passenger side (no damage to the car).
13. With my windshield wipers, only the drivers side will work; the other one goes up an inch and then knocks back down. I am going to fix that tomorrow by tightening the screw.
14. Just got new tires (maybe 2 1/2 years ago), and both are always going flat every few weeks with no explanation. I pulled them off and looked at them, and saw no apparent holes; even after spraying with water and soap to see any leaks, there were none.
So what I'm trying to say is that I hate GM and I will never ever buy another car from them ever again!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 17th December, 2008
18th Dec 2008, 13:33
"So what I'm trying to say is that I hate GM and I will never ever buy another car from them ever again!"
- What with the way things are going for GM now, you'll probably never be able to do that again.
BTW, I too hate GM.
18th Dec 2008, 20:54
Do yourself a favor and dump it as soon as possible! I remember the day that I brought my Grand Prix to the junk yard. A three year old car I got 500 bucks for. What a waste.