1994 Pontiac Sunbird from North America

Summary:

Bulletproof and reliable

Almost nothing.

General Comments:

Bought this car new in 1994 and still driving it. While it's in pretty rough shape cosmetically, it's given us 15 years of reliable service with only sporadic problems, all of which fall under general maintenance. It's now very dated, was always too small and lots of other small issues. But we have since purchased a 2001 Pontiac Montana which is a LEMON and we love the Sunbird more every time we take the Montana (almost daily) in for repairs. Won't buy another Pontiac - see Montana comments - but love the Sunbird.

Review Date: 29th September, 2008

1994 Pontiac Sunbird LE 3.1L V6 from North America

Summary:

1994 Sunbird LE 3.1L V6 22000 miles!! VERY GOOD CAR!!!

I have had no problems whatsoever with this vehicle.

General Comments:

I would have to say that this is going to be a great first car. It handles very nicely and has pretty good pickup on it when you mash the gas.

Comfy seats. ICE COLD A/C.

And the best part is it had 22,000 actual miles on the purchase date a little over 2 months ago! A little old lady had it, and drove it to the beauty shop, the grocery store and church, and that's all!!

I paid 2500.00 for the car, and to me it was worth it for the amount of miles. But all I can say is I will keep this car for a long time, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Review Date: 23rd September, 2008

24th Sep 2008, 09:58

Be careful. Sometimes little old ladies do not understand the concept of an oil change. And with short trip mileage like that, the oil never has a chance to properly heat.

I would closely examine the engine for sludge (contributed to by short trip driving). If there is sludge, it will usually accumulate on the underside of the oil cap. After inspecting for sludge (and hopefully not finding any), I would change the oil and take the car for a good long drive and make the next oil change at an earlier interval - say 2000 miles or so - and then continue at normal intervals thereafter. Of course if the oil was changed on a regular basis, none of this is probably an issue. You are more than likely fine, but I would take these measures as a precaution.

1994 Pontiac Sunbird LE 3.1 V6 from North America

Summary:

Fly like a Bird

Just expected repairs:

Rear Shocks at 170000

Brakes when I got it

CV Shafts at 165000

Wheel Bearings at 165000.

General Comments:

I love this car, just routine maintenance since I bought it, nothing else. This car really surprised me with how quick it is whenever I test drove it. I went to the drag strip a few weeks ago and lost to a Dodge Ram with the Hemi by half a car length, this really shocked me. The car is also pretty comfortable. I got pretty lucky and got it in great condition. This is in my opinion the best for the money.

Review Date: 4th May, 2008

1994 Pontiac Sunbird from North America

Summary:

I like it

The air conditioning doesn't work quoted 700 to repair.

Replaced starter, many belts, batteries, radiator, fuel pump, shocks struts, tune ups, alternator.

Needs painted.

General Comments:

Not real thrilled with the seats if I didn't have cushions in there I wouldn't be able to see over the dash.

It still gets great gas mileage.

Review Date: 17th March, 2008

1994 Pontiac Sunbird LE V6 3.1 multiport FI V6 from North America

Summary:

I love it. One of the best cars I've had

On the Sunbird I had to got a new starter when I got it. After that I had to get a new windshield wiper motor and a transmission. All this total was about $300. It wasn't bad at all.

I got a good deal on it. My friend's dad repossessed and I bought it from him for $1000.

It's a awesome car. I have a new Flow-master exhaust system. I'm putting a turbo in and new rims soon.

General Comments:

Awesome, reliable, powerful, and fast.

Review Date: 1st February, 2008

1994 Pontiac Sunbird le 2.0L from North America

Summary:

A sporty little car that will last a long time

The clutch needed replaced for the first time at 98000 miles. Air conditioning quit working at about 63000 miles.

General Comments:

At over 98000 miles on the car it still gets about 40mpg. The engine has never failed to crank and starts at the turn of the key.

The car does not handle as well as it should, cornering is best at about 15mph.

The car has fairly good acceleration for the tiny 2.0L 4cyl. engine.

Review Date: 3rd November, 2007