2001 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2 from North America

Summary:

It is the best vehicle I have ever owned by far!

Nothing has gone wrong. It was a Michigan car and it hasn't even started to rust. The shocks need to be replaced, but general maintenance has to be expected.

General Comments:

The seats are very comfortable, and there is a large amount of foot room, I am a large man, and I am very comfortable in this car.

The engine is in great shape, even with 130000 miles on it.

The only drawback I can think of is that it is a little loud on the highway; otherwise, it is awesome!

It is the best vehicle I have ever owned by far!

Review Date: 9th July, 2010

2001 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2.2 from North America

Summary:

Decent ride..

Brakes.

Seat spring.

Passenger headlight bulb.

General Comments:

This is my first vehicle. These cars are the lower end models of the company and their sticker prices reflect that. I purchased mine for $2300. It is a plane Jane model: no AC, no CD player, no power options, etc. For the price it's perfect for those like myself on a budget. It doesn't ride or handle like a Buick, Cadillac or Camaro, but it gets the job done.

Each car has its common problems, so for all of you on here complaining, next time do your research before you buy a vehicle, especially if you're getting it used. Sometimes the previous owners abuse or neglect their cars, so it's unfair to take your rage out on the vehicle when it's not the car's fault.

Review Date: 18th August, 2009

19th Aug 2009, 06:30

Pontiac Sunfire --- one of the most unreliable cars world ever knew. Get rid of it A.S.A.P.

24th Oct 2009, 22:48

Update from owner: Have since replaced tires, and the front brakes and rotors. All the repairs so far have been the usual wear and tear items in the 4+ months of ownership. Parts are cheap, so what more could a person on a budget ask for in a sporty little car. There are lemons with all makes and models. The only Pontiac's with known quality issues are the ones produced in Mexico, so buyer beware on that, look into the VIN before buying one. There are thousands of Sunfires around at a fair price, so if you're tight on money, this car is perfect for you.

26th Dec 2009, 13:58

Another 2 month update from the owner: car still runs and drives excellent, very reliable even on cold winter days. The only new issue is a hanging rusted muffler strap that needs to be replaced soon. I love my Pontiac and plan to get a Grand Am in the near future. Shame GM dumped Pontiac and kept Buick; I think it will be their downfall.

2001 Pontiac Sunfire SE from North America

I bought the car brand new in 2001. I noticed that after all the warranties expired, things started to happen.

Rust on the doors (I've noticed this on a lot of Sunfires actually).

The warning lights were all screwy... they would randomly go on and off and then disappear.

Rattling noises.

The muffler detached from the bottom of the car.

I've had brake problems more than once... too many things to mention.

Also...maybe it's just me... but it seemed that as soon as the gas needle hit the halfway mark... gas just went WAY down and quick. Very strange.

I finally got fed up with spending so much money fixing it, that I decided to trade it in and buy a new car (no more GM's for me!)

General Comments:

Although I had a lot of problems with the car, I will say that it was a decent ride and never broke down on me while driving.

The first five years, it was fairly reliable... and I guess you get what you pay for.

Definitely a good starter car and a good car for teens.

Review Date: 12th August, 2009