2002 Renault Clio expression 1.6 from Mexico

Summary:

A very smart buy

I got a recall on a suspension part, which got replaced. And other than a flat tire the car has never given me any trouble.

General Comments:

I am very happy with my Renault Clio. I find it very reliable and comfortable (A/C works perfectly after a bit over three years every-day use). It needs service once a year and the dealer is very efficient and quick (if you call in advance to make an appointment). I have heard many comments, both good and bad, about the Renault Clio. But I would definitely purchase a Renault car again. I am also considering buying a Nissan Platina (in Europe it's a Renault Thalia or Clio sedan). It doesn't have the Renault service standards (needs service more often in order to maintain the factory guarantee) but it should be as reliable as my Renault Clio, with added trunk space (trunk space in the Clio is sometimes not enough). I drive it to work every day (about 100kms every day) and feel comfortable and safe in it.

Review Date: 1st February, 2006

2002 Renault Clio expression plus 1.2 16v from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Good looking, stylish and expensive car to maintain for a student!

The car had to have a new throttle pedal at 67,000 miles. When it happened, the car suddenly lost all power and acceleration, and left me to travel the rest of my journey at 10 mph max, with my hazard lights on.

The sunroof constantly rattles.

The seat back handle on the passenger seat has come off.

Electrical warning light comes on for no reason.

The remote locking recently packed up (even the central locking didn't work). I was told by the Renault dealership that it was not the battery and I needed a new key, which costed me £129.

Other than those points, I have trouble free motoring.

General Comments:

I only passed my driving test in April 2005, and this is my first car. It's a very good looking car and is quite economical although slightly underpowered. Choose the 5 door model however if you have frequent passengers (i have the 3 door model)

Review Date: 25th January, 2006

2002 Renault Clio Expression 1.6 from Mexico

Summary:

Great, nice engine, cool look

4 bobbins changed after they (Renault) washed the engine.

Battery changed after they (Renault) washed the engine (a total of 500 Dollars with the bobbins).

They had to change the engine cooler after a failure with the computer (it left the engine on even if I turned off). At the time the car had 3000 km.

One tire explode and the passenger airbag went on.

General Comments:

This car is seriously quick, it handles really good on Mexico City.

Good automatic transmit-ion.

Nice radio, good sound.

I feel I'm on a safe car all the time.

Good quality, good ensemble, Renault Mexico done a great job on this car.

Excellent service provided by Renault.

You pay what you get.

Review Date: 2nd January, 2006

2002 Renault Clio Privilege 1.4 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

I love my car, it's cute, classy and comfortable

It's been pretty damn good, it was recalled recently, but it wasn't a big deal. When we first got it the airbag light kept coming on, but otherwise it's been fine.

General Comments:

I LOVE MY CAR. It's well appointed, comfy, cute, it picks up so quickly we get 9.2 l/100KM on premium unleaded which is great and it's flexible in seating.

Review Date: 8th December, 2005

2002 Renault Clio exspression 1.5 65 diesel from UK and Ireland

Fuel pressure pump collapsed after 11,000 miles. the same problem reoccured again at 17000 miles. Renault wanted 2,700 torepair car this in the end was reduced to £650.

General Comments:

Is this a problem with this model

Review Date: 7th November, 2005

2002 Renault Clio Expression 1.2 16v from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Recommended

Nothing.

This car replaced a Skoda Fabia which was back at the dealer once every 3 weeks with various faults - some major (eg. new engine, new dashboard) along with numerous broken window winder pins, door locks, leaks... etc.

A real joy to own a car that has so far proved to be reliable.

General Comments:

Good performance and economy although I would prefer stiffer suspension.

Good fun to drive with a real feel good factor (it's the wife's car).

Dealer 1st service under warranty ridiculously expensive for what was basically an oil change.

Review Date: 10th August, 2005