I give my Renault Megane top marks for economy, safety and looks, but zero marks for workmanship
1. Electric window winder (driver's side) malfunction after 13 months.
2. Gearbox transmission malfunction after 14 months (8000 km)
3. Electrical malfunction after 15 months (battery short-circuited)
4. Leaking engine compression after 22 months (16,000 km)
5. Windshield shattered when hit by small stone whilst driving (18,000 km)
6. Handbrake plastic handle broken and handbrake cannot be engaged. To change the plastic cover I have to replace the whole handbrake mechanism (2 years, 19,000 km).
7. Air-conditioner water drained into both floor storage compartments (2 years, 19,000 km)
1. In just one year of Renault ownership I have experienced more problems than I have had in over 40 years of owning other cars (6 different models of Volkswagen,Toyota, Alfa Romeo and Fiat)
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 6th July, 2005