2001 Saturn L300 Reviews - Page 11 of 14

2001 Saturn L300 from North America

Year of manufacture2001

Summary:

Should have bought another Suburu

Four days after I bought my Saturn LW2, my dash light came on with "Reduce Speed" (which reduced my speed to @ 20 mph and I had to pull off the road!), then the " Service Engine Soon", followed. This has become a daily occurence. One time my engine and power shut off while I was driving! I have had it in and out of the shop for months, but my dealership can't fix it! It occurs only when driving in slow speed streets, not highways or freeway driving. These occurences' have no pattern. It has got be stranded in the middle of moving intersections so its becomes dangerous!!!#*!

The codes still reads TPS Sensor-Malfunction, Veh Speed Sensor, PEM-Fault etc. They have replaced the TPS sensor. mass air flow sensor, air filter, AHHhhhh.

Anyone know what might be happening so I can give my mechanics some clues.

General Comments:

Road noise is loud, feel the road in the steering, wish the electric window buttons were on the door, drivers side lock doesn't engage with my alarm key pad.

Review Date: 13th November, 2006

30th Nov 2006, 19:01

It's only going to get worse. Get rid of it. A*S*A*P!!!

9th Feb 2007, 08:04

Hi - I have a 2001 L300 and I just started having the same problem, but mine as 109K miles. I guess I have been lucky so far. Just had mine in the dealer two days ago and they could not do anything to fix it. Just happened again today. Since mine is fairly old it will not be a hard deision to get rid of it if this keeps up. Good luck!!

2001 Saturn L300 3.0 Twin Cam from North America

Year of manufacture2000
Engine and transmission 3.0 Twin Cam Automatic
Previous carSaturn SL

Summary:

Great Car

Nothing!

General Comments:

It's great!The twin cam system really has the power I was looking for without having to get a V8 Cadillac... The V6 really offers a good savings without a loss of power from not getting the V8. You guys keep whining about your cars. I wonder, have you actually used the power this thing features to drag race? come on! Live a little! At least step on it when you get on the highway! You might learn to love it again!

Review Date: 20th September, 2006

2001 Saturn L300 from North America

Year of manufacture2000
Previous carSaturn L300

Summary:

Bad apple!

I too have had nothing but problems with my Saturn L300. Like someone else on this site, I have had to replace not one, but 2 mass air flow sensors, a starter sensor, and an ignition tumbler and cylinder housing.

I am not happy with my purchase and will never buy another Saturn again.

Review Date: 11th July, 2006

23rd Apr 2007, 09:23

Yes I myself bought a used Saturn L300 back in 9/06- I already had to replace a mass air flow center myself and as I type my car is at the dealership getting a replacement of my ignition housing and cylinder. If I knew that this happened to this certain type of car- I would have never purchased one.

2001 Saturn L300 3.0 from North America

Year of manufacture2001
Previous carSaturn SL

Summary:

I wish I had retained my 94 SL2 over this 2001 L300

The water pump failed. I bought one, then learned that these are located inside the engine housing.

One of the 2 oil coolers failed. This too is located inside the engine housing.

Guess where the spark plugs are located. Yes, this job too takes all day.

The rear tail lights were frequently problematic. It took me about a year to get them correct & stable. I was not surprised when these were recalled (the rear brake/ running lights). I did bring them in for the recall. Then I checked them before I left the lot. One was out again. They fixed it immediately. That is now OK.

A sending unit failed, that was replaced for about $100.

The steering column developed the problem like most others. It shakes and rattles at maybe 55 MPH. This is design flaw with the stabilizer arms.

The brakes are next.

General Comments:

Overall, the car would be fine if they did not put parts within the engine that must be replaced. Even a tune up is a major job. The Engineer should be flogged. The steering column should be recalled. That is a dangerous problem with the steering.

You can assume that everything I did not mention is either normal or good. It runs smooth. It is quick. It is comfortable.

Review Date: 24th April, 2006

10th May 2006, 19:36

Wait until you see where they hid the thermostat if you want to replace that!!