2003 Saturn VUE AWD V6 from North America
Would not buy another Saturn
Both windshield washer nozzles fell out and had to replace entire nozzle.
Front wheel bearings went dry and had to be replaced @ approximately 13,000 miles.
Selector switch for Heater vents had to replaced when it locked into one position.
Rear carrier bearing had to replaced at 28,900 miles. It was loose and noisy.
Rear lateral link suspension piece had to replaced per recall.
Lost BCM computer, had to be replaced. Had no gauges, or lights or power steering, or interior lights.
Gas gauge quit working in frigid temps. Replaced sending units in tank.
Had a squeaky steering shaft boot that had to be relubed.
ABS brakes system malfunctioned. System was pulsing on every stop, when it didn't really have too. Unresolved at this time.
This car must have been a Monday or Friday model.
It's just been one thing after another with it.
Service has been quick and polite from dealer, but good service doesn't compensate for a crap product!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 7th April, 2005
Sorry don't think the reason was that it was made on a Mon or Fri. Problems you're having are shared by many. This car is a LEMON, no way in mincing words. This car could turn out to be the LADA of the new century and imagine it came from a GM company (better sell my shares). I have owned a 2003 for 16 months now and have had the following problems:
- right windshield fluid dispenser flying off during high way drive
- all 4 door weather stripping warping and having to be replaced
- clear coat on right rear quarter panel pealing around gas tank, repaired now pealing near window
- cargo holder hooks popped out of holes in hot weather replaced (let's hope the hold)
- horn engaging and unable to disengage not once, but twice, dealer claims faulty module (it's a horn get it right for crying out load, they've been around for decades)
- groaning in steering column while turning right resulted in defective strut (replaced)
- unable to get the silly thing to move in the slightest of slippery conditions due to the transmission, dealer claimed drivers ability, however, a software recall was made 2 months latter (I guess a lot of poor drivers out there forced GM to help us drive)
- since the transmission fix (software) there has been intermittent smells of burning rubber from below (possible images of future problems??)
Okay so they aren't life threatening, but they are annoying and I did fork out 30m with all the extra's and taxes, these problems aren't to be expected and judging from the other comments we aren't alone. Get rid of your Vue as soon as you can, if you were considering buying one, don't, look at the Hyundai Santa Fe or Tucson or Honda CRV.