1999 Toyota Corolla VE from North America

Summary:

Best car I ever owned!

The hardware has issues.

The door handles have been replaced more than once.

The interior is plastic, and after 13 years, it's in need of repairs.

I drive really hard, and the car can take it, but the ride is bumpy.

General Comments:

The car is excellent and runs great. They sure don't make them like this anymore. I still drive it on a daily basis after 13 years, and it is more dependable and worry free than my 2004 model.

I replaced the starter a few months ago after 13 long years, and the original battery lasted 7 years.

I did put in a short ram cold air intake to boost the pick up and performance, and I have outran newer Civics.

The car is now riding rough, but I do push it to the limit. It is vibrating and burning gas like crazy. I plan to replace the oxygen sensors, flush the fluids and replace them, and have it realigned.

It needs a paint job and the interior needs to be redone, but the engine is whisper quiet and super dependable with low maintenance.

I would restore her to her former glory if I won the lottery, because the new cars are built to break, and don't last.

Review Date: 8th October, 2012

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 1.8 from North America

Summary:

Reliability is almost guaranteed

All I have had to replace in 20k miles are:

The high pressure steering hose, $49.

TPS sensor, $45.

Front brake pads, $25.

Air filter, $20.

Tires balanced, $16.

I have also changed the oil every 3k miles.

I also change the ATF fluid and filter each year.

General Comments:

This vehicle has exceeded my reliability expectations.

I also perform all my own maintenance, saving myself a wad of cash.

It may not be the most exciting car to drive, but I feel sure it will not break down.

It also returns around 28 miles to the gallon.

Insurance is also cheap.

In my opinion, this car makes a good purchase.

Review Date: 18th May, 2011

1999 Toyota Corolla LE 1.8 gas from North America

Summary:

Extremely dependable and well made economy car that doesn't feel cheap

New front brake pads at 71,800.

Repaired starter at 122,000.

New alternator at 146,500 - old one still worked, preventative measure.

General Comments:

I bought this car new for my wife January of 1999. It has been an excellent car, no major repairs, economical, comfortable, extremely dependable.

Gas mileage 27 - 42 mpg (hwy trip at 60-65mph).

Changed oil every 3- 4,000 miles.

Still runs and looks good.

Have not even had the AC charged and it still works fine, as do PL, PW, dash lights, etc.

Review Date: 24th May, 2010

2nd May 2013, 20:45

NEAR 40 MPG highway? Wow! My Camry 5-speed got around 33 MPG highway, but it quit running at 222k miles, despite A+ preventive maintenance.

I just reached 300k in my 2.4DX 5-speed Toyota truck. The older models have fewer problems, mainly due to fewer American inputs, and it still gets near 30 MPG (with no A/C).

I've been noticing a 99 Corolla LE (auto) for sale near the highway for nearly a week or more. It's a good chance I'll bring it home after your personal goodwill towards it. I hope to find as reliable economic solutions as did you. Besides, it's claiming to only have 150k miles.

Wishing us all many uneventful Toyota, high mileage, journeys.

1999 Toyota Corolla 1.8 from North America

Summary:

It's a great car, I plan on buying Toyota's for the rest of my life!

Plug wires had to replaced at 297,000 kilometers.

A few tiny rust spots.

General Comments:

I really like the acceleration of the car.

It works great for high mileage, and hasn't lost its dependability, reliability or quality.

Its small in size, but that contributes to the great gas efficiency it produces.

Review Date: 18th March, 2009

1999 Toyota Corolla LE 1.8L 1ZZ-FE from North America

Summary:

One Of the Best Little Cars Made

Until Earlier this week. Nothing. The Check engine light came on and I brought it in to School and threw the scan tool on it. found out cylinder 2 and 3 were misfiring. So I replaced all the plugs. ran fine for a day then the light came back on. Found out it was the ignition coil for those cylinders.. just replaced it yesterday and its back to normal.

General Comments:

Great Little Car.

Could use a little more power.

Other than that I have no complaints.

Review Date: 1st November, 2008