2003 Toyota Corolla LE 1.8 from Mexico
Very boring car, with correct reliability and good suspension
Very high RPM when cold.
Little box door in dashboard, broken.
Although this car is indeed reliable, it isn't at all impressive. My A Class is still more reliable, at much higher miles on the clock.
The Corolla feels cheap, the doors are light, and the finishing is similar to that of a Ford Escort, not more.
I have driven many cars, and like to drive quickly; something that's difficult to do with an automatic Corolla.
- Very loud engine, more so at high speeds.
- Too old a transmission design; only 4 forward gears, and it's focused on a dull kind of driving.
- Extremely poor mileage at high speeds - too high RPM, because of the bad gear ratios.
- Interior finishings.
- No stability control.
- No traction control.
- A very boring car.
- Very good independent suspension. Although the suspension is designed towards comfort, it has excellent stable and safe reactions. This is the best attribute of Corollas, and a good suspension is essential.
- Reliability, durability.
- A big and well designed boot.
- Interior comfort.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 8th October, 2012