2004 Toyota Sienna LE from North America

The first and last Toyota that I'll ever own!

Allows too much road noise in.

The transmission doesn't shift smoothly.

The radiator seam split.

The driver's door had to be fixed (recall).

Tire wear is terrible, even though they have been rotated and kept properly inflated.

A/C replaced at a cost of $2,400 (the A/C is seldom used).

Review Date: 17th October, 2009

2004 Toyota Sienna LXE AWD gas from North America

The best car I have ever driven (from Chicago to Orlando)

Run flat tires went flat too often (3 times) and wore down in the second year.

Hatchback repair (opened on its own).

General Comments:

Great car! I had some problems getting straight with the recall on the run flat tires (rough Flintstone like feel to ride on these tires). Toyota was suppose to send me a check for $600.00 dollars. They sent $550.00.

I paid $850.00 for 4 Continental all season tires. Now my car is near perfect, and I travel through 7 states during a rain storm through Look out Mountain and Smokey Mountain!

Review Date: 29th January, 2009

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 6 cylinder from North America

Reliable, but disappointing

I have no spare tire, and I don't have any place to mount one. I tried to figure out where I could put it, and there is no room other than precious cargo space.

General Comments:

I am amazed that I purchased a vehicle used with 23000 miles that has no spare tire. I was neither made aware that I did not have a spare, but I do have a jack, which seems kind of crazy considering that if I get a flat, I have nothing to replace it with.

The real kicker is my Sienna did not have run flat tires on it when purchased because it was used. I never really knew the vehicle came with run flats, and I refused to spend in excess of $1000.

Review Date: 27th January, 2009

4th Feb 2009, 08:24

When I purchased my 2004 Toyota Sienna, I had no idea that the car came with run-flat tires either, and was disappointed at the dealer for not informing me of this.

In addition, the run-flat tires drove horribly on the snow despite having AWD. So, I was left with 2 choices, spend tons of money on run flat snow tires or just put regular tires on the van and suffer without having a spare tire.

I ended up putting normal snow tires on my van and decided to suffer with no spare tire. Rather than purchasing a spare tire kit and taking up valuable cargo space, I decided instead to get a AAA membership.

The van drives fantastic in the snow now, and with the AAA membership I feel that I will be covered if for whatever reason I end up with a flat tire. It's a small price to pay for such a fantastic van.

I love everything about my van except for two things.

One - the lack of a spare tire.

Two - the fact that the battery dies quickly. If an interior light is left on for even 1/2 an hour the battery will die. So my solution to that was a portable jump-starter from Walmart that cost $39. So AAA will save me if I get a flat, I can jump start my car whenever the battery dies, and other than that, I'd say that I love everything about my van.

I did learn some lessons though. There are a lot of things a dealer won't tell you just to sell a car. I probably should have researched it a bit more, because there is a lot of info on-line where people complain about the run-flat tires and the battery dying quickly.

2nd Jan 2016, 00:54

Hi! I just purchased a 2004 Sienna myself and the seller (Subaru dealer) and myself also could not figure out why there is a jack but no spare tire. We eventually figured out that there is a spot for it under the right sliding door (under the car). Meaning you would need to crawl under the car to get it. I hope this helps!

2nd Jan 2016, 15:45

The last several new cars I have bought came without either. I also have run flats. My older car I deleted altogether for a nice sound system, amp and sub. It's rare to have a flat. I buy Slime and carry a portable air compressor. Or call by cell for a flatbed by AAA. I don't feel like changing tires on the road anyway. At home however where I have a racing floor jack, a torque wrench and air impacts, it's fine and easy for brake work etc.