2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 3.6 V6 from North America

Summary:

Buick, you hit the bullseye when creating this car

Problem free.

General Comments:

Wow, what a beautiful car!! When my husband and I first saw the commercial for this car, we immediately fell in love with the car. So we went to our local Buick dealer and looked at them. We loved the new body style of it. So we traded in our 2002 Pontiac Bonneville SLE for it. We chose the CXS model with all wheel drive. It is silver with grey leather interior.

When we brought it home, our neighbors came over just to see the car. They fell in love with it.

The exterior is absolutely stunning. It is way better than the previous version. The neighbors thought that this was a Lexus. What you hear on the commercial about this car and comparing it tho the Lexus ES model sure is true!! Yes we test drove the Lexus, but this car sure does come close in comparison. Again, the commercial is true about this car.

When we first saw the interior of this car, we were in shock up on how stunning it looks. It truly is gorgeous. It rides beautifully on the road. Our son and daughter in law love it too.

So if you saw the commercial and really fell in love with it, you truly need to go to your local Buick dealer and take if these for a test drive. Chances are that you will love it, and buy one.

Buick, you did a fantastic job of making such a beautiful car!!! We strongly recommend it!

Review Date: 9th May, 2010

10th May 2010, 08:49

This looks like a really nice car. Good luck with it, and I hope you have many years of enjoyment.

Wouldn't it be cooler if the Lexus was compared to the Buick though and people didn't like it because they thought it was a Lexus? Maybe someday. When that happens, we'll know American cars have finally caught up to the imports in perception as well as the quality level. I think the quality level has already met the imports and surpassed them in some areas. Now the consumer needs to be convinced. This car is a good start!

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 3.8 V6 from North America

Summary:

It's unfortunate that such a great car manufacturer made such a piece of junk

Where to begin?

At approx 4,000 miles it developed a transmission shutter when leaving from any kind of stop, plus a problem with the climate control system.

Even though I usually leave my temp set at around 72 in the winter, the temp jumps all over the place. Keep in mind I don't use the automatic feature.

Every time the climate control fan comes on, it always comes on high then works it's way down. Over the last year and a half I've had this piece of junk in the dealer numerous times for this and many other problems. Never have they been able to fix ANY of the complaints. It has been towed in twice. I simply can't believe it.

Here is a list of the problems that this car currently has, and now I'm running out of time to get GM to fix them:

Transmission shutter, engine surging on hills above 45 mph, heater fluctuation, blowing fuses for OnStar and power windows, windshield wipers "stick" while using intermittent, fuel leak-the inside of my car stinks like gas fumes, on the highway when I pass over slick spots it lunges to the left, when I use remote start it pops the trunk, popping noise and sensation under my left leg, drivers seat material is coming apart - they told my it's because I wear jeans in the car, the OnStar/XM antenna will not stay on - I've just purchased my 3rd one of those, there is a portion of my rear window defroster that doesn't work.

There is something I'm not remembering just right now. But I'm at the point with this thing that I want GM to buy it back or give me a full price trade in on it. It's not reliable and I don't trust that it can be fixed so it will be reliable for the next 70,000 miles. It doesn't qualify for the lemon law in CO.

Review Date: 13th April, 2010

16th Apr 2010, 05:54

I fully support your thoughts there. This is just not acceptable for a 2008 car. My 2005 Volvo hasn't had a SINGLE thing go wrong in its 72,000 miles - not even a squeak! You should definitely go back to the dealer and demand a change.

8th Oct 2010, 13:23

In response to your comment regarding the fan with automatic climate control, the fan speed starts on high and works its way down in EVERY vehicle that has auto climate control. The system is designed to quickly reach the desired temperature and adjust the fan speed to keep it at said temp.

If it is fluctuating too much, it is a result of you opening windows or having a bad seal, NOT the actual system itself.

There have been many Buicks in my family, and all of them perform exceptionally well (besides the Rendezvous, which was a massive failure mainly due to the sub-par engine (3.4 liter) that was put into it after years of GM knowing that they were problematic.

Even the 2003 Avalon that I currently drive has the same fan fluctuation. I had the seals checked, and wouldn't you know it, the weather stripping on the driver door needed to be replaced, and now the fan speed stays at low once it reaches the temp I have selected.

10th Oct 2010, 18:30

After 2 years and 24,000 miles, you want Buick to buy back your car?? Are you kidding?